Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chiropractic Adjustment  (Read 5956 times)

suziq99

• GBX Marine
Re: Chiropractic Adjustment
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 11:01:13 AM »

From my experience there are two 'camps' of chiropractor.
One believes in continuous 'corrections' & a steady emptying of your purse. The other believes in treating the problem & not necessarily seeing you ever again.
I was fortunate in coming across the second one first, a fabulous Swedish man who put my long term back problem right & fully explained the problem.
 I had a close shave with the first who wanted to correct a curve in my neck which wasn't coursing a problem & was actually proud to introduce me to a client who had been going to him continuously for YEARS !
Having said that I recently had course to see a Osteopath who treats both muscles/tendons & bones.
Maybe a good chat before any treatment would expose their long term plan.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:06:05 AM by suziq99 »

Shadyglade

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:34 AM »

What's wrong with the good old fashioned phyisio'.

I was refered by my GP for syatica. Four visits for pre treatment then my misaligned veribra was put back in place.

Job done.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:12:15 AM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »

I don't understand the expression 'mis-aligned'?!? nor does my friend who I asked 4 advice.  We are both ex-orthopaedic secretaries. We both avoid any other types of treatments due to being aware of might happen.  Rarely are bad results, i.e. paralysis by a person being manipulated without relaxant seen in the Press.

It is said that a good therapist will 'sort' the problem if it is sortable within a few sessions, one should not have to keep returning for similar treatments.  An X-ray will show if there are sketal problems which require 'manipulation', muscles can become tight so the body compensates etc. ..... 

I know what I do 'wrongly' which produces sciatica - i.e. I don't kneel!!! DH currently has a swollen foot so is walking awkwardly so we are aware that he is compensating which may alter his gait.

If a vertebra is 'mis-aligned' in the true sense, one may become paralysed.  Certainly it would be painful beyond words, my neighbour suffered and needed valium as a relaxant.  A normally placid man ...........  :-X he had moved, suddenly  :o

Would your GP or Consultant refer you to the people you have been seeing?  Is there a good record with results ? 

Shadyglade

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 01:55:31 PM »

Absolutely they refer and have been going for years.

I had a misaligned veribra near the top of my back. This was throwing my whole spine out with the result that pressure was being put on nerves at the base. It was so bad my foot was numb. Not to mention the pain down my leg.

You may dispute it but it happened to me.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »

I don't dispute your symptoms but don't understand the expression of 'mis-aligned'.  Nor 'slipped disc' though that was a common expression for years  ::)

Shadyglade

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 02:29:40 PM »

Perhaps you prefer Spondylolisthesis.  This apparently it the correct term  ::) and describes exactly what I had.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/spondylolisthesis/

pain, numbness or a tingling sensation radiating from your lower back down your legs (sciatica) – this occurs if the slipped vertebra presses on a nerve

This is from the aforementioned website.  NHS, who'd have thought it.

I can PM you the web page of the physio, if you like?

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 08:08:10 AM »

Think of mis aligned as, not quite where it should be, not enough to course paralysis but often pressing on a nerve or blood vessel that would normally have a clear path.
It can be manipulated back to where it belongs by the experts. Quite amazing when they do it when the pain disappears. Usually the quicker you can get it put right the better the results & helps to lessen the chance of it happening again.The longer you leave it the more damage to the surrounding nerve/muscle/blood vessels.
I have a old back problem from years of non treatment, painkillers only from docs. Had it put right after about 10 years by a chiropractor. It will always be a weak point but I know what to avoid & 99% of the time it is ok with no pain.

Shadyglade

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »

That's right suziq.  Medical terminology, or layman's, the condition is the same and the treatment works.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »

I believe that the inner part of the disc swells/bulges which causes the pressure.  If it 'slipped' in the true sense of the word, paralysis at that level may occur.  Wish I could draw on here  ;D I can see what I mean ............

Shadyglade

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:57 AM »

I think we are going to have to agree to differ here CLKD.  I know what I was told by a professional and what treatment I had.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »

I'm not denying what you were told, I can't visualise it  :D

Spangles

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 07:09:02 PM »

HI Ladies, I'm back!

Well after my experience with the 'on the make' chiropractor, I took things easy for a while.
However last Sunday I decided I was able to clean the bathroom and BANG my back went again!

Back to square one but worse than ever this time. I went to the doctors out of despair on Monday and I must say I was quite assertive 😊 (Probable a little aggressive? I don't know but I was in so much pain I wasn't bothered).

After many offers of various drugs, including Tramadol, (I don't think so!), the doctor gave me a very thorough examination, she certainly found the painful spot! I was then offered a complete spinal and pelvic MRI.

I'm still waiting for this to come through, so I will let you know the results when I have them.

The doctor did say to me that one side of my pelvis was rather lower than the other side. I think this is probably due to the years of not receiving the correct treatment for my spine and spending many years compensating due to pain!

We shall wait and see.

Love
Spangles
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »

At last!  Were you offered any pain relief or valium as a relaxant?

Spangles

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 06:10:32 PM »

Hi CLKD,
Yes I was offered various drugs including tramadol, I have a codein allergy so that limits what I can have.
Anti inflammatory medications cause too many issues with my stomach and therefore I need more medication to counteract that. I'd rather be as drug free as possible.
The pain isn't nice and it does get me down but I am coping, paracetamol, heat patches and a hot water bottle bring me a lot of comfort and relief.
I just need the appointment to come through now so I can move forward.
I have an occupational health assessment coming up at work so we'll see what adjustments can be made there. Not much I imagine as I don't work in a fixed area, I maybe in 4 different areas each day. This means that I can't have desk and chair adjustments as it isn't practical, and I can't do my job from one place, but we will see.
Spangles
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:23 PM »

TENs machine?
Pages: 1 [2] 3