Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 53 out now. (September 2018)

twitter facebook blogger

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Feel like I need to wee a lot  (Read 3464 times)

Blot

Re: Feel like I need to wee a lot
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »

I'm almost hoping for fibroids or cysts tbh. Not sure if fibroids are possible post menopause though. Anything that might explain this, mad as it sounds.
Just had a nice bath - no bubbles - to try and sooth things x
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:26:32 PM by Blot »

Conolly

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »

Hello Blot,

I have fibroids and polyps. Fibroids are supposed to shrink with menopause, but mine are still there. They could affect the bladder if big enough to exert some pressure but I think cysts are more likely to be the culprit or as I said before, cystitis or VA. I am trying to drink water as much as possible and avoid thinking about it, it's amazing how the brain can focus on something and make it happen. The opposite must be true so try to distract your mind with other stuff.

Conolly X

Blot

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »

Thank you.
I have been wallowing in it today so that's probably why its been so bad  :'(

Been stressing about it for 6 weeks now so its time to get a grip and sort myself out.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »

Hopefully not wallowing in wee ;-). 

Have you tried a pain relief medication?  I find that helps ease symptoms 4 me.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Blot

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »

Ha ha wallowing in doom and gloom CLKD. But yes I took a couple of ibuprofen last night and things did calm down thank you.
Today working on distracting myself. Not quite working as Iím on here again  :o

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »

You join in when you like.  Have you read round, we have a 'funny' room too  ;)

Don't forget to keep your eye out for that strange woman ........ as well as 'doing stupid things' - all in here somewhere.

Blot

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »

Latest thing in my saga, just rang hospital to chase up my scan and apparently they havenít received the referral!!
Just waiting for my gp practice to ring me back to find out whatís happening. I suspect they forgot to do it but that doesnít help me in that X-ray wonít care. They will just process the referral as normal when they get it so will have to wait another 6 weeks or so.

Currently having a good cry  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »

Oh why can't they have joined up thinking?   A few months ago DH needed a an X-ray, the Locum GP said he would be contacted by the Dept., however: no one had explained that in this County the patient rings the X-ray Dept for an appt.  >:(. After 2 weeks, his referral would have been null and void so that the process would have started all over again: wasting yet more time!

The GP sent the referral whilst we sat in the Surgery directly to the X-ray Dept..

Blot

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »

I know. Thing is I work at the hospital and went into xray last week to find out about waiting times. Didn't think to ask if they'd actually received the referral.
Still no phone call from doctors. I shall be straight on the phone after lunch to find out what's going on. I hate making a nuisance of myself but have learnt from experience that the only way to get things sorted is to be a proper pain in the backside.

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »

Oh Blot, poor you.  They might hurry it up if they know the situation.  This seems to be happening more and more and also then getting the results!  I need to chase up the results of my recent sigmoidoscopy/colonoscopy, no idea who's supposed to be sending it to me, hospital or GP.  GP was referring me for something else, that was back in April, not heard anything.  One daughter has never had final result of investigation into heart issues despite chasing and other daughter is awaiting a phone call from GP to let her know if/when she's being referred for a scan!  You get to the point where you just about give up!!

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »

Years ago one got fast tracked if one worked for the NHS!

What would you advise a friend Blot?

Blot

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »

Well my gp forgot to do the referral and apologises.  Well she apologised via her secretary. Its been done now, I've checked,  but just as routine so I'll have to wait. I can ring up every day to see if there are any cancellations but I probably won't. Too much hassle.

I tried all the "I work in the hospital" stuff CLKD and it got me nowhere. No perks of the job lol.  Don't know what I'd advise a friend. Go private probably.

I'm annoyed but people make mistakes.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2018, 02:40:09 PM »

Maybe when you go for the results make the suggestion that the referral is done whilst the patient is in the Surgery.  That way every one is on the same page!

Blot

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2018, 03:57:09 PM »

She didn't do referral because she wanted blood results back first then she forgot.

I've made an appointment with another gp as mine is away, for 26th, and I'm going to discuss going on vagifem etc. (she's got training in women's issues so she might be a better bet). I'll see what she says anyway.

Thanks ladies for this. I feel so much better talking to you all  :)

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »

I would ask.  Put foot down with firm hand where possible  ;)

Once the results came back it should have jogged her mind: not menopausal is she  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7