Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: night incontinence  (Read 4528 times)

soozie

Re: night incontinence
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »

Hi have started using the Vagifem and going to do it daily. thankyou. # i have tried to keep busy today to try and keep my mind from running riot byt struggling. Appreciate the support

soozie

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 08:39:42 AM »

Sorry to post again. I know people will be gettng sick of me.  I have started using the Vagifem and am trying to be positive but this constant pressure is so debilitating and it is the fear that it induces in me that I am struggling to cope with. My IBS is in overdrive, having changed yesterday from  constipation to diarrhoea  and to finish it off my lower back has been incredibly painful in the last 24 hours - - something which goes every so often. Can the burning/pressure really be due to VA ? All of it? It doesn't burn when I wee   but is just 'there ' all the time. My gynae never said why she gave me Vagifem in the firts place. I guess she must have seen VA when she cauterised my cyst?

I'm sorry for being so pathetic but my husband has suffered with my health anxiety for many years and I feel I can't talk to him about it any more . i feel  completely overwhelmed by it all.

Jemp

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »

Oh Soozie I recognise all the symptoms you describe. Mine really kicked in about 18 months ago.I ended upon antidepressants for the anxiety they caused and it is only because of them and the support I received here that I began to calm down. I am finding that I have to take Vagifem all the time or the symptoms increase- they never really go away altogether but they are manageable. I know how hard it is when you are teaching- trips to the loo are difficult but you need to confide in someone so that you can manage this. Your line manager should be the one to support you- the school has a duty of care to you and you don't need to go into details. Once you accept that this is  a frequent problem for women of our age and not a sign of something more sinister it becomes easier to cope with. Use the vagifem; drink plenty of water;avoid the things that make it worse( coffee, alcohol etc.); try yoga. Believe me I've tried everything! Hopefully things will improve soon. Personally I feel better if Iam busy- retirement is great but leaves too much time for brooding- maybe when you are back in school it will help!

soozie

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »

Thankyou again for your replies. It really does help that others have felt the same. I can't believe that everything can feel so raw and  pressured. I just want to have a few hours when i can force myself not to focus on it. I really appreciate the support.

Conolly

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 08:48:36 PM »

Hello again soozie,

I'm having bladder/kidney issues and being investigated for them. Itching can also be a sign of kidney disease. Can you have this checked just in case? I have no apparent infection BUT my urine white blood counts are very high. It could be interstitial cystitis. Have a chat with your GP.

Conolly X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 10:52:22 PM »

Also: Vagifem is no longer prescribed in such high doses as initially so some find that they need double at least twice a week as well as needing to use it nightly.
Pages: 1 [2]