Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Looking for advice on spotting  (Read 664 times)

Lovebug

Looking for advice on spotting
« on: August 28, 2018, 08:26:34 AM »

Hi me again 😦 you all must be getting fed up with me by now I'm a very anxious person and god knows what id do with out this site.   can anyone tell me exactly what spotting is what I mean is does it have to appear on your panty liner or is okay when you've been to the toilet wiped yourself and it's on the paper lightly but does not show on your towel getting spotting a lot more than not anyone else like this I'm 53 and not had a proper period since June although I have had spotting back then to a good bit got a smear and it's come back okay

Hurdity

Re: Looking for advice on spotting
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:44:42 AM »

Hi there Lovebug - no question is too much - that's what this forum is for - advice and support! I would say spotting is any bleeding not substantial enough to call a bleed and might happen intermittently but never develop into proper flow - so it could be a smear on the loo paper or spots of blood on panti-liner. If you get any bleeding or spotting after sex then this needs investigating. Also if your spotting goes on for a long time and you are worried then do go to the doc - although as your last period was very recently it is most likely to be peri-menopause playing havoc with your hormones and womb lining. Have you seen this article about peri-menopause:  https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-mainly.php

Hurdity x