Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Disappointing comments from gynae !  (Read 3021 times)

Rosie63

Disappointing comments from gynae !
« on: August 18, 2018, 07:27:03 AM »

Morning ladies

Just felt compelled to share a comment I had from my gynae consultant this week.  I had dropped him an email with an update on how I was feeling after taking Femoston 1/5mg for 3 months (which still isn't great most of the time) and listed the symptoms/side affects that are still troubling me.  I was really disappointed that he said he wondered if we would ever find a formula that works for me  :'(
He sugggested I carry on with the Femoston for another couple of months and if I felt the same we could consider meeting again to discuss another strategy.

Admittedly, I have already tried about 5 different preparations over the last 10 months but I didn't think I'd be written off so soon.  I'm trying to have a break at the moment to see if I could come off hrt but feeling pretty awful this morning!  I have an appointment with gp next week too so will see how that goes and then try to decide, through brain fog, what to do next.

Wishing you all well.

Rosie xx

Annie0710

Re: Disappointing comments from gynae !
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 09:28:06 AM »

:rofl: @ plank DDot!!!

Don't let him make you feel bad that you're not settling on what you've tried.  It's trial and error and I'm on regime #5 I think (could be 6) and I don't need progesterone so should be much easier for me!

Don't give up, there's so much you can try ie patches, gels etc x

Jeaniewigs

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 09:36:29 AM »

::)😘

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »

He may however be stating the truth.   Finding medication for many complaints can be Trial and Error and often compromises have to be accepted.. What did you hope for?

My ADs help my depression but I often wake feeling hung over.  But it's better to be able to get out of bed knowing that this will pass by mid-morning than not getting out of bed at all.

Have your symptoms been eased at all?  Maybe keeping a diary would help chart any progress or alterations?  It can be so tiring finding something that suits so browse round.  Maybe put the product name into the search box to see how others have fared?

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »

This is why I love you guys 😊 Was feeling so deflated and then not only do you offer your advice and support but you make my laugh too😀 You are so funny DD !!

As you suggest, I'll stick to what I'm doing at the moment and keep my fingers crossed that things will settle in due course on this regime.

It's reassuring Annie to know that other ladies have tried several different options before hitting on ‘the one'.

Wishing you well.

Rosie xx

CarryWarry

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »

Poor you trying to still sort this as it really does feel never ending at times doesn't it?  And like you say, it's all such a huge effort with brain fog and feeling like pants!  I think the most frustrating thing is the long wait while we all see if something is going to work.  Sometimes we can feel diabolical on new meds and it's so frustrating just waiting week after week.  Have a good chat with your GP too, sometimes I wish we could just see these people once a week!!  I am seeing my GP on Thursday and although I am feeling much better I realise that in the two years of daily headaches that it's not been suggested ONCE that I change my Blood Pressure tablets.  Oh the joys of getting sorted. xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 11:58:32 AM »

I had background headaches on Propranolol so cut the dosage .......... now on 20mg at night, sorted.  Did it myself ;-)

Rosie63

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 12:01:43 PM »

Yes, I do understand what you're saying CLKD. I think a lot of my problem in accepting how I feel is that I was on Prempak for 12/13 years and I had hardly any side effects and it managed my symptoms very well most of the time.  So I guess I am comparing to that all of the time and just can't understand why I can't find something else that works as well.  If I had been trying from scratch I might find it easier to accept, perhaps !

When I first started Femoston I thought it was working to an extent and managing some of the symptoms which I would have been ok with but now it has gone downhill big time.  Coupled with this, I suffer with stomach problems which I think are to do with the HRT medication so I can feel pretty bloomin' awful some days. 

I have been keeping a diary over the last couple months so hopefully a pattern will emerge which might help.

Thank you for your comments x

Rosie63

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 12:18:15 PM »

Yes CarryWarry you are so right about the time it takes to see if a particular med is going to suit. That's why it can take years rather than months to finally get sorted.  I hope your appointment goes well ne t Thursday. Let us know how you get on.

Rosie x

Rosie63

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »

Thanks DD. I will do that xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 01:40:17 PM »

Is the HRT you found helpful not available?

Let us know how you get on!

Rosie63

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »

No CLKD, sadly not.  It was Prempak C which has been discontinued  :(

Rosie

Ladybt28

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »

Rosie 63 - Yep Prempack discontinued I was on it for a while when I was peri - but this might brighten your day - did you know you can get an alternative in 2 separate items? The same oestrogen is called Pemarin  and then they give you a separate progesterone.  The progesterone in prepack c is norgestrel.    Prempack came in 2 doses -  .625mg/0.15mg norgestrel  and 1.25mg/0.15mg norgestrel.  You can get premarin in 1.25mg because I was given, I dont know about the lower dose.  I dont know if you can get norgestrel separately for sure but I think so - why not ask your doctor when you go?  Levonorgestrel is also similar.
The Pemarin is the pregnant mares estrogen and is the same as the one in prepak-c.  I have been on it but my problems are with progesterone.

If you got on so well with Prempak why not ask your GP to prescribe the two separate items and run them on the same cycleof days as you took with prepack c?

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »

:thankyou:

Rosie63

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »

Hi ladybt28.  Thanks replying.  I have actually tried Premarin alongside Utrogestan on the same cycle as I was on with Prempak. For some reason the Premarin didn't work for me which I found disappointing and difficult to understand because as you say, it is supposed to be the same as the estrogen in Prempak. 

Thanks again for your support.

Rosie x
Pages: [1] 2