Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding & bladder problem help  (Read 1560 times)

sadielouise78

Heavy bleeding & bladder problem help
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:03:24 PM »

Hi. Not been on here for a while as everything has been ok over the past few months on Femoston 2/10. This month however I'm having a ridiculous heavy period with lots of clots. I can't get through a night without waking up covered in blood and I'm backwards and forwards to the toilet all day. This has been going over for two weeks. I can cope with it though.

My concern is that this time next month I'm going to Morocco for a week and it's going to be hell if I have another period like this. Being on the pill I've always managed to avoid a period on holiday but now I'm on HRT I don't know how to avoid it.

Is there a way I can? I've got both tranexamic acid and provera which I've used in the past for various period problems but I can't remember which for what.

Also, I'm having bladder issues. If I suddenly think I need a wee, even if I'm far from busting, I'm barely making it to the toilet and sometimes I'm not making it in time. It's really worrying.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Sarah

Annika

Re: Heavy bleeding & bladder problem help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 12:28:54 AM »

Sorry to hear what you are going through Sadie two weeks of heavy bleeding sounds horrendous. I had prolongedbleeds once I hit my early fifties and I would never want to go through that again. I had an enlarged womb and I remember that pushing on my bladder giving the senstation I had to run to the loo every five minutes. Eventually i asked my doctor for hysterectomy as the bleeds were never ending plus i had cysts/fibroids and for me it was the best. I was never offered tranexamic acid but I wish I had eventually I found tincture of shepherds purse (Amazon sells it) and that will clear bleeding within an hour.  I'm not on HRT anymore but I'm sure one of the lovely ladies on here will be along shortly. Hope you can get it all sorted sooner than later.

sadielouise78

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into tincture  of shepherds purse and see what it's about. When you say it clears bleeding in an hour, how long does it stop it for? Do you have to keep taking it so you can get through a heavy period or do you just take it once and it's done?

Thanks
Sarah

CarryWarry

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »

Hi Sadie.  I went to the docs a couple of weeks ago and said that I really didn't want bleeding on hols, because I'm having bleeding on my HRT meds at the moment.  I was really surprised to learn that I can still have Norethisterone for my holiday which would stop the bleeding.  I did think 'Oh flipping heck not another load of hormones into the mix' but thought it might be good if I get heavy bleeding before I go.  You may find the same answer if you ask your GP? x

sadielouise78

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 05:43:02 AM »

Hi Carrywarry,

Thanks for your reply. I'll go and speak to my doctor and see what they say.

Thanks,
Sarah