Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet progesterone phase  (Read 971 times)

Ivil

• It's begun!
Elleste duet progesterone phase
« on: August 17, 2018, 01:57:36 PM »

I started taking Elleste duet, my first ever HRT, just over 2 weeks ago and felt great on the white - oestrogen - pills. The day after I started progesterone tablets though, I've started to feel quite depressed and got bad headaches.

Advice please - should I try a different medication?

Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Elleste duet progesterone phase
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:54:34 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm
It can take 2-3 months for things to settle. Some side effects like headaches, sore breasts and some pmt are to be expected but these usually settle in time. The progesterone in Elleste is one of the most powerful, so if after a couple of months you find the progesterone phase too difficult then I would suggest you try Femoston.
DG x

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »

Hi Ivil.  I would suggest you ask for a phone appointment with your GP. I had similar problems within 2-3 days - increased anxiety , fuzzy thinking after 4 weeks on it. GP told me to come off straight away as some people do get bad reactions to the fact it is synthetic.  I read many similar cases on here. It really pees me off how much of an inexact science this is. We all have similar issues but difference meds are thrown to us willy nilly with a ' wait and see' approach. I find I get good days and bad days no matter what I am on as do most people on here.  All I have learnt is that if you wait 2 weeks you will feel different if not slightly better.

Ivil

• It's begun!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 05:04:44 PM »

Thank you for your replies so far, and thank you for welcoming me to the community.

The doctor suggested trying to persevere for a couple of months as, firstly, as Danciggirl said, the side-effects may abate and secondly, they might not actually be side effects but a reaction to other external stimuli.

Headaches have gone by now, I just feel hungry all the time... Might be PMS, who knows? I'll keep taking the pills, at least for a bit and then re-evaluate.

I