Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tight uterus  (Read 2217 times)

Sillybilly

Tight uterus
« on: August 16, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »

Hi there

I'm new to MM and hoping for some guidance :)

I'm 47 and yesterday I finally succumbed and went to have the merina coil fitted for very heavy periods irregular,  pain, mood swings, etc.

Got halfway through the procedure and the nurse stopped and said she cudn't do it coz my uterus is too tight. Does anyone know wot this means?

I've had 2 c sections and lost twins vaginally at 21 weeks.

She did a full smear and took bloods also.  After she said to make an appt with my gp to discuss other options open to me. I'm assuming it's just me and the way I'm made but a bit of reassurance from u lovely people wud be welcome while I wait to see gp.

I'm open to trying hrt but don't know where to start with it, patches, tablets??? :-\

Had perimenopause for at least 5 years.

Look forward to hearing from u

;)

Oh I have a bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus too. Does his make any difference?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tight uterus
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »

21 weeks is deep into the pregnancy, what a shock  :'(

You probably need to be seen by a Gynaecologist for scans etc..  Preferably one au fait with hormone replacement therapy and other options.

:welcomemm:

Sillybilly

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:16:48 PM »

Thanks CKLD. Yes it was a terrible thin g and I still have flashbacks 10 years down the line. My baby girl lived for 17 hours in SCBU, but my son was silently born.

Do u have any idea wot causes a tight uterus,? Smears have always been normal and coz I'm a big girl (size 20) I just assumed that all of me wud be big! Lol

Any ideas anyone? :'(

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »

Hi Sillybilly -  I think you may have a tight cervix not a tight uterus. As we get into menopause the drop in oestrogen causes tissues to thin etc. and this can lead to the cervix being difficult to open up. You might find this article helpful https://www.livestrong.com/article/254483-cervical-changes-during-menopause/.  Are you getting any other menopausal symptoms apart from the erratic heavy periods such as hot flushes, vaginal dryness or soreness?

You will find lots of advice and friendship on here. You might like to introduce yourself under New Members where more members will notice your post and welcome you too.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Sillybilly

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »

Hi Taz

Thanks for the link I'll take a peek.

I'm not having any other problems down below but I am having hot flushes, dizzi spells, trouble sleeping and mood swings, sore joints.

Does this help?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »

The fact you are having hot flushes would usually point to lower oestrogen levels. You can have VA (also called vaginal dryness) without being particularly dry but the tissues are thinning. Have a look at the VA posts on here which might help. The standard treatment would be a low dose of topical oestrogen either in pessary or cream form which will restore tissue and might help with the cervix problem. I use Vagifem which are teeny pre-loaded pessaries. I am also on full HRT.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 03:27:52 PM »

:bighug:

How is your diet overall and are you well hydrated?

I have strange sensations which I describe as dizziness but it happens so fast: when I turn my head, I think there's a nerve which gets trapped enough to make me go "OH!" .........

Let us know how you get on?

Sillybilly

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »

Morning everyone.

My diet is good thank u and bloods have all come back normal which is a relief.

So here's a  update to Friday's gp appt. Apparently it's unlikely the merina coil would suit me anyway due to a bicornuate uterus so I'm now on evorel sequi patches. I put my first one on yesterday tea time. I feel fine apart from this morning I now have spotting. Is this normal? How long ?

Plus I just need to clarify ....

So I use the evorel 50 for 2 weeks then switch to the Conti for 2 weeks.

Does this mean I shud have a normal bleed after the 4 weeks  (after using both the 50 and the Congo patches)?  If so wots this spotting for? Just my body adjusting?

Apart from that no sickness or change in mood.   Dont feel any different at all. Doctor also gave me transxemic acid to lessen the blood. Assumed I didn't need this till after my first 4 weeks??

Any ideas? Panicking a little today but hopefully a little clarification  might help!🤣🤣

Thanks everyone.

Off to the cemetery today to see the twins. Think I need to today.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »

Maybe put the product names into the search box to see what pops up?

Make notes ;-)

Sillybilly

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 09:14:32 PM »

Hi there

So thought I'd give you an update. Been using the patches done Saturday and been bleeding since Sunday. Taking the transxemic acid today and it isn't really reduced the flow. Spoken to my gp who advised to carry on with the acid till next Tuesday and if I'm still bleeding then to stop both the acid and the patches. She's also booked me in for a scan.

Thing is I'm really confused now. Didn't think I'd bleed until after week 4 of the sequi patches plus don't know why I need another scan when I had one 3 years ago and the only it brought up was very small fibroids. Thought I was doing the right thing in bring proactive taking the hrt when actually it's causing more problems.

Would the doctor let me have a hysterectomy if I asked for one? Willing to go private if needs be  :'( :'( :'(

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 12:02:17 AM »

It can take a while for the HRT to override your natural cycle but, yes, usually you would expect a bleed once you finish the conti patches. Did you start the HRT during the recommended part of your cycle or are your periods very irregular?

Taz x

Sillybilly

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »

Hi

My periods are so irregular that my gp told me to start the patches straight away.   This morning the bleeding is still there. No clots, moderately heavy (wearing 2 towels) and in pain. It must be down to the patches.

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »

You were probably due a period anyway if your cycle is irregular and it can take a few months to stabilise. Some doctors are not up to speed on the initial effects of HRT when you still have a cycle. I think a hysterectomy is drastic (having had one) but I can see you are worried. It depends on how bad your meno symptoms are as to whether the initial problems when starting HRT, which are common, are worth going through in order to eventually be hopefully flush free with better sleep and much less joint pain.

Taz  :hug: