Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT Help!  (Read 1178 times)

Moomoo

HRT Help!
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »

Hello
I'm a new member and wondered if anyone could give me some advise please.
I'm peri menopausal and was given Femseven about, two months ago now, I wasted so many trying to get them to stick, I did everything! I Googled them and tried every which way people said, but still they didn't stick properly, I had one that stayed on for the whole week.
I had to go back to the nurse to get another prescription, only to find out if couldn't get these anywhere, chemists were telling me that, they couldn't order them as they didn't know if they'd be back in stock.
So, I ended up running out, I called the doctors to ask, if it was ok to just stop, as I hadn't any more patches, she said yes, and put a note on my records for the nurse to call me, that meant another week before she was in the surgery. I was eventually prescribe Evorel Sequi, now, I haven't started them yet as I need more advise and it's impossible to get an appointment with the nurse, unless I wait around a month. I'm concerned about stopping and starting and what it may be doing to my body, and starting a new patch that I may not get on with, so having to stop again.
The femseven, started to give me a localised rash, and I did have some bloating, but I did feel ok on it, although it was only a month, so probably too soon to tell.
I have suffered with anxiety for years, so I don't get much help from my doctors, as every symptom I have had, has always been put down to this. I was hoping that some of the increased anxiety is down to being peri menopausal and that any medication for this may help the anxiety a little, along with all of the other symptoms, which most of them I have had for several years now.
So, any advise in the Evorel Sequi? Or shall i just try to get an appointment and raise my concerns about stopping and starting, although I do understand that, it's trial and error with finding one that suits.
I am using Vagifem too.

Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:55:16 PM by Moomoo »

sheila99

Re: HRT Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 09:17:13 PM »

Hi Moomoo, I haven't used Femseven but I was on Everel sequi and I couldn't get them to stick properly either, usually ended up with half a patch after 3 days. What advice do you need before starting them, is it something someone on here could help with? You won't know if it suits you until you try it. It seems to be one that's widely prescribed so many women find it OK. If it were me I would use it now. I suffered anxiety because of peri which has now gone so hopefully it will help you too. It was about a month before I noticed a difference. As far as I know the only problem with stopping is that it will take a bit of time to build up your oestrogen levels again. If you have trouble with evorel sticking or a rash you could ask for a gel instead. I changed to estrogel because the patches sometimes gave me a rash.

Moomoo

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »

Thanks for your reply sheila99
That was one of my concerns that the new patches, Evorel wouldn't stick, and advise wise, was how people got on with them.
I started to get frustrated with the femseven, and constantly checking that they would still be on and not hanging in the hem of my dress etc.
I hate taking medication if I can get by without, but the hot flushes, night sweats, and the lack of sleep, was getting out of hand and I needed help, I just don't like the fact that for one month I had the femseven and then stopped dead because they weren't available, that concerns me, so now I have a different patch, which I'm already unsure of as the others didn't stick, so again, it'll be starting and stopping.
I will try the Evorel, and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »

Hi. I've found that Evorel patches stick really well. I apply them to my buttock, holding them firmly in place with my palm. You change them twice a week so they don't have to last as long as the FemSeven ones. The adhesive is different in Evorel compared to FemSeven so you may not get a rash. If you do then I believe the patient information leaflet advises you to tell your GP.  Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Taz xx  :welcomemm:

Moomoo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »

Hi, and thank you for your reply Taz.
I'm going to start the Evorel patches and hopefully they will be better than the Femseven.
My main concern was the stopping and starting of medication, as I had to wait to get the new prescription so there has been a gap, if I'd started when I ran out of the femseven, I wouldn't feel so bad.
As this is all new to me, I don't know how it works and what affects the gaps between meds have on your body.

Thanks again x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »

Stopping and starting wont do you any physical harm. You may have experienced some bleeding when you stopped the FemSeven but that depends on where you were in the cycle at the time of stopping. As you are peri were you still having regular periods before starting HRT?

Taz x