Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT -- feeling loads better  (Read 1289 times)

Jeepers

HRT -- feeling loads better
« on: August 14, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »

Hi all

I've not been on this site for a while, so I just wanted to come back and report how things are for me now.

3 months ago, I would not have believed that I could ever feel this normal.  My anxiety has all but gone (it was so out of control I thought I was going insane), I no longer get super hot, joint aches gone, palpitations gone.. its like a miracle.  I am currently on 100mg Utrogestan and 2 pumps of Oestrogel.  As an added bonus, my breasts look much better, have regained some of their lost fullness (think balloon after Christmas).

The only thing I really suffer with now is a crashing fatigue that kicks in most days.

I don't think I even realised that so much was menopausal, but now I do.

I hope this post gives hope to other people, who are suffering, and anxiety scares them into thinking that they can't cope with HRT.  If I can do it, anyone can

Thank you all for getting me to where I am today :-)

Jeepeers xx

Lisa1966

Re: HRT -- feeling loads better
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »

Hi jeepers,
So happy to hear that you are feeling so much better,long may it last.
         Lisa xx

Paula M

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 09:59:20 PM »

Hi Keepers,

Great to read how much better you are feeling, long may it continue.

Your post has helped me greatly, my gp said it was possible I had fibromyalgia (to be fair, it still is), but reading your post, doing my own research and advice from the ladies here, I can see how closely related the symptoms of fibro are to menopausal symptoms.

Thank you for sharing xx

Emerald2017

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »

Thanks for sharing Jeepers! 💐
Nice you feel good again! 😘

alibeau

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 09:57:04 AM »

Great news Jeepers!  :)

ladylollipop

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 10:33:20 AM »

Hello Jeepers , so good to read that you're feeling great again. May I ask you a question: I am on Fem7 patches for 3 weeks now. I am also very anxious and agitated. When did the symptoms go away? The spaced out feeling I have had vanished.
Best wishes
Lady lollipop

Conolly

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 01:34:32 PM »

Hello Jeepers,

Great news, long may it continue!
I also have the crushing fatigue, last blood tests results have shown very low levels of estradiol, progesterone and testosterone, but this has been happening for the last couple of years. I can't take HRT.
One test has changed though, luteinising hormone (LH) levels have been consistently rising... I wonder if this chap is the culprit.
Keep us posted. I'm very interested in the fatigue issue.

Conolly X

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 02:34:09 PM »

My fatigue (total exhaustion) has been cured with Oestrogel, Utrogestan and Testosterone x

SueLW

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »

My fatigue (total exhaustion) has been cured with Oestrogel, Utrogestan and Testosterone x

Dotty, do you know what your oestrogen level is now?  I'm wondering what I need to aim at.  Before I started the Estrogel 1 pump a day 3 weeks ago, mine was 88.  I've been feeling worse this last week so I decided to up it to 2 pumps a day starting this morning.  My hormone doctor is obsessed with keeping levels of everything low it seems.  She told me 1 pump would be enough.  I'm nearly 6ft tall and overweight.  I'm sure I need more than 1 pump to make a difference.  For 3 years she's been pulling me back somehow.  Near the start of my journey I had levels over 400.  She freaked out.  Said it was more than a pregnant woman, that the cream I was using couldn't be the cause but must be my own body, and then reduced my dose.f  I've never felt that good again. :-(

I guess I've answered my own question.  I need levels somewhere near 400 to feel I can run up the stairs and want to actually get close to my poor husband.

Emerald2017

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 02:54:56 PM »

Sue I think that the suitable dose of estrogen is the dose that makes you feel good!
When I diagnosed my estrogen was about 26 pmol and now on hrt is about 293pmol.