Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advice please again.  (Read 1937 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Advice please again.
« on: August 12, 2018, 07:58:25 PM »

Hi ladies, hope your all well.
I've been a little worried about the amount of hrt I'm taking, and wondered if anyone
can help me......

I started off in February this year on Femoston Conti, 0.5mg/2.5mg.
Then in June started to get symptoms back, (very low mood, anxiety, no sleep,ect..)
so I put myself up by an extra pill, now taking me to 1mg/5mg. This done the trick, until July,
then symptoms came back again, so in desperation, put myself up again, which was good too,
everything went away, sleeping better, happy, really felt well, until beginning of this month
when anxiety, or more like shortness of breath, started to get me, so I've increased AGAIN,
Now I'm taking 2mg/10mg!!
I've been on this amount for the last 3 days, and apart from a background headache, I feel really good.

My problem is, you can't get 2mg/10mg in the conti version.
The highest it goes to is 1mg/5mg. But you can add Ellestte solo to it but I'm scared of any side effects
And that it might upset everything. Like I say, I feel ok on the femoston.

Am I taking far Too much? Or, is it ok ?

Thanx for reading....
Xx

racjen

Re: Advice please again.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:12:38 PM »

How come you can just keep upping this dose whenever you fancy? Is someone prescribing it, or are you ordering it online without a GPs say-so? It sounds to me like it's really useful information that you're discovering what you respond to and what your body needs, but you need to get a medical professional on board just to make the whole thing sustainable, and make sure it's a safe regime to follow. I'm all for trying to work these things out for ourselves (if I hadn't taken matters into my own hands I wouldn't be on HRT at all) but at some point you probably do need to make sure it's all OK.

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:35 PM »

Hi jillydoll.  I too had done very similar to you and ended up taking 2 of the 1/5mg tablets.  However, I had to stop pdq because I felt awful.  I felt I needed a bit more oestrogen but doubling the progesterone didn't suit me at all.  I have an appointment with my gp this Tuesday and I'm going to ask if I can try the sequi 2/10mg.  I'm not sure he will prescribe them because I'm in my early 60's and he won't be keen for me to have a bleed.  I've found Femoston has suited me better than other preparations I've tried so keen to stay on it but I still feel I need more oestrogen. I've actually ended up adding one pump of gel for the last couple of days but have found my stomach discomfort has kicked off again.  It's so difficult finding just the right balance 😞

Rosie xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »

Hi, thanx for replying.

At first when I started off, I was taking 0.5mg/2.5mg, which was obviously just 1 tablet.(per day)
Then when I upped the dose, I just took two.
Then another, which made it 3 tablets. Only increasing by 0.5mg/2.5mg each time.

Then I went to the docs and told her I had increased them, she said fine, and I asked for a
prescription for the 1mg/5 mg, AND, a prescription for the original 0.5mg/2.5mg, which still made it
the 1.1/2 mg/7.5mg. (Still with me?) Right.

So now, I've added another 0.5mg/2.5mg, making it a grand total of 2mg/10mg....

I feel great, and after about 2hours of increasing my anxiety,/ shortness of breath, had disappeared.
So proof that something had to be highered....

My only worry is that am I having too much progesterone,? I know you can't over dose on estrogen
Well that's what I've read anyway, but can't find any information about the prog.
Is too much progesterone harmful?..............

Thanx
Jd xx

Rosie63........I do know you can add ellestt solo to Femoston Conti, just a thought if your not getting on with the gel.....and your only adding oestrogen.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:51:07 PM by jillydoll »

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »

Jolly doll and Rosie- don't know if you've seen this article which I've posted before:

https://www.gwh.nhs.uk/media/163808/wiltshire_hrt_guidance_2014.pdf

It states in the footnotes on page 1 that you can add oestrogen to Femoston Conti if you are still getting symptoms. This is a better way of doing it as you are not increasing the progesterone too.

Also if interest on another post was a lady who is seeing a consultant who has said that there isn't a limit to the amount of oestrogen you can take. You need to take as much as you need to stop symptoms.

Hope that helps. X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »

Hi Dotty,

Thanx for that, yeah I've had a look and it says you can add oestrogen to Femoston Conti.
I think I will go to doctors and ask for that, because like I say, I'm a bit concerned about the
amount of progesterone I'm taking. Although, I'm not suffering any symptoms at the moment
With the amount I'm taking.
I think I've put it off because I'm worried about the different oestrogen ‘upsetting the apple cart'
as it were...

Just a quick question,......  Could I have the oestrogen gel, do you think, instead of ellestt solo?
Or do you think the ellestt would be better?
Or is it personal choice?

Thanx again Dotty, hope your ok,

Jd xx

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

Hi I think you can add the gel instead of taking oral oestrogen. But I'm not an expert 😄 x

I'm ok thanks x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »

Ok Dotty,
Thanx a lot.
I'll book in with doc and ask her (that's if she's any knowledge.)lol
Glad your ok.....

Take care,
Jdxx

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 03:27:59 PM »

Jillydoll - have you tried Oestrogel instead of Femoston? X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 03:45:06 PM »

No I haven't Dotty.
I know quite a few do, but  tbh, I'm scared to death to upset
what I'm on now....

When you've felt so crap, then feel better, you worry about going back there.
I do anyway.

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 03:53:47 PM »

Oh yes I know exactly what you mean. I'm terrified of going back where I was although the fear is going slightly as the days go by. x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »

How long have you been on the gel Dotty?
Did you have any side effects?
And do you have to take progesterone everyday too, if post meno?

Sorry for the questions, but I honestly don't know wheather to ask for the gel,
or the ellestt solo.....
Suppose, like everything else, if one don't suit, change to another,
It's just what we have to suffer to get where we want to be.
Glad it's working for you though,
Jd xx

Dotty

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »

I'm nearly 4 years post meno now. Started hrt Oct 17. Been on gel and Utrogestan and testosterone for 7 months . Was on 3 different types of hrt before that which didn't do anything for my horrendous symptoms . I take utrogestan every night and 4 pumps of Oestrogel every morning. I have had no side effects. X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »

That's really good ent it.
Glad you found something that suits you, especially after all you went through,
I can imagine all too well what that was like.
I'm nearly 4 years post meno too.

I was going to book in with doc, but when I looked at the time, it was too late, so will
have to wait till tomorrow, funny thing is , I was there earlier putting a repeat prescription in...lol

Jd x

I'll let you know what I get from doc as soon as I get it...

Take care,

Jd xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »

Hi Dotty,
Just an update,
I rang the doctor this morning for an appointment, but they've
told me she's off sick, this her 2nd week off, so I'll have to wait till she's
back. I'm not happy seeing the other doctor there because she told me
a few years back, when she first gave me Premique, that ‘if this one don't suit you
none of them will, they're all the same'!
So I'll just have to wait, and continue with what I'm doing....

Hope your ok,
Jd xx
Pages: [1] 2