Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT dose need changing?  (Read 796 times)

Ruby10

HRT dose need changing?
« on: August 10, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »

I have been on Evorel sequi 50 and conti patches for since January and it really helped my peri symptoms but the last month I feel that the symptoms are coming back again. Has anyone felt the same with the anxiety, hot sweats, palpitations that have come back? Did the Dr put you on a higher dose?  I am going to speak to a Dr next week and hopefully get this sorted.

Sgtvhilts

Re: HRT dose need changing?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:15:28 PM »

Great minds think alike eh. I was just logging on to post exactly the same question. I , too have been on femoston 1mg for 4 months, at the start amazing results, but recently night sweats are back and that i can't be bothered feeling...... i too would value responses.

Salad

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 07:44:13 AM »

My dose increased in keeping with the need for symptom control- I did it my self from 25 to 50 to 75 but always told my GP when she reviewed me  :)

becca

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 08:06:44 AM »

I've just posted on a similar question!  I've had to keep upping my oestro dose over the past three years - within limits ok'd by meno clinic and keeping them informed.  interested to read the responses to this thread.

Marie62

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »

I'd like to know if mine needs changing too! Been on Angeliq for a year getting along nicely but last few days I've felt anxiety creeping back, no flushes or other symptoms but I feel a bit low. As it's a low dose pill I'd have to try another one, Elleste and Kilovance made me lose a lot of hair and I had very bad depression and anxiety on them. Don't know what I could try maybe the gel and a separate progesterone?
Maybe it's just a blip and I'll be ok? I hope so as I like Angeliq and my hair has grown back a bit so reluctant to change it. Could go to the menopause clinic but it's about a 12 week wait here!! Have made an appointment at the Doctor for 2 weeks time but don't really know what to ask for as they don't seem to have much knowledge of HRT and always have to consult “the book”
It's so frustrating as I was feeling ok for a year and now I fear it's back to square one.

Ruby10

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 10:25:17 PM »

Just an update regarding changing my dose on HRT . I have seen the dr and she has put me on Estelle duet 1 mg tablets, I was on evorol sequi 50 and conti patches . I will see how I get on , I was a bit wary of going on the tablets but I am sure they will be ok . Just want the horrible peri symptoms to go very soon .