Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Oestrogel and Oestrodose - they are exactly the same  (Read 44895 times)

Conolly

Re: Oestrogel and Oestrodose - they are exactly the same
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »

Hello ladies,

Tempest, glad you're back. Hope you're ok.

As I said above, they are different. If you Google Oestrodose + 934p you will have many hits. If you Google Oestrogel + 934p you won't have any. If you Google Oestrodose + 980 or Oestrogel + 980 you will have many hits. Meaning... some Oestrodose (and also Estrogel, sold in US and other countries) has the 934p thickener which is not as thick ie runnier, as the 980 that has been developed later to replace the 934p which contains BENZENE, a very toxic substance.

https://knowledge.ulprospector.com/7868/pcc-carbomers-slideshow/

Saying that ‘All Oestrogel/Oestrodose sold to/in the UK is produced in the Belgium Besins plant' doesn't mean  the inactive ingredients are produced by this plant. They are not. So... maybe there are some old batches of Oestrodose still on the market that have the 934p carbomer/carbopol thickener.

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

... maybe the ladies could ask your Pharmacist to read the ingredients on the label whether it's Oestrodose or Oestrodose repackaged as Oestrogel. Some will only show ‘carbomer', unfortunately, what is, imho, unacceptable.

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »

Hello Daisydot,

Glad you're back 😏. Your experience is much appreciated! I have never used these gels but I have been using many other cosmetics and medication and I'm horrified to read what sort of ‘pharmacological inactive' ingredients are used, not to mention the horrendous tests that were performed in animals until very recently 🤬

This subject really puzzles me. How can 4 daily pumps of 96% ethanol be ‘pharmacologically inactive'? Maybe for gin drinkers 😂 but certainly not for non drinkers or allergic people. I know it's supposed to dry quickly and evaporate etc but of course there will be some absorption through the skin. It's a mine field and a very profitable business...

I am very careful nowadays regarding pharmaceutical products, I read everything before using them. Same with packaged food, which I'm trying to avoid but it's hard. Maybe the UK laws regarding leaflets and labels could be changed to avoid these generic statements about ‘inactive' ingredients.

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »

:drunk: :rofl:

Joaniepat

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »

Benzene?!?  :-\ Good grief!!
Thanks very much for your research Connolly, you deserve a medal. This explains it all.
Best wishes,
JP x

Conolly

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 03:33:48 PM »

Hello Joanipat,

Thanks, you're very kind. I don't know if it explains it all, but it's a start.

I think that regardless of the real reason for the ladies experiencing the inconsistencies, the important thing is that the inconsistencies are regarded as real. Haha, that's weird... ;D

Take care,
Conolly X

Tempest

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »

Thank you, girls. :)

I'll pop in from time to time. Connolly - you are one very smart cookie. I always knew you were anyway! What a brilliant bit of detective work.  :)

Daisydot, I really resent being told that it's 'all in my head' too. Annie and I are the 'allergy twins' - we both suffer anaphylaxis so we know our stuff! And both of us have had the same reaction to Oestrodose but not Estrogel. Coincidence? I think not.....So glad you're here again btw, dear heart! :) xxxx

Conolly

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »

Hello again Tempest,

Thank you, good to see you posting 8)

Speaking of allergy, my last blood tests results show high levels of eosinophils again, this has been going since February and none of the... hmmm...let me see...5 doctors have been investigating it. So fed up with their lack of consistency! I wish there was a thicker carbomer suppository for them! Sorry. ;D
Conolly X

Tempest

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2018, 04:13:01 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D Brilliant!!!!

I had raised eosinophils throughout peri when my estrogen was high, and was having crazy ovarian cysts and all manner of other weirdness. My anaphylaxis consultant (yes - I had one of those too, girls ;)) explained that estrogen increases histamine release through activation of mast cells. Hence why I was an itchy, swelling, anaphylaxis prone wreck with rhinitis thrown in for good measure for a while.....Fun, innit??? :o xxxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2018, 04:20:16 PM »

As Hurdity has suggested, I'm going to break open the packaging once my cannisters are finished to get the serial numbers.  Maybe this could give us a picture of whether all of it is made the same or not.

I'll report back later as I have an empty one!

Shadyglade

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 04:29:41 PM »

I don't understand the complexity of HRT but I certainly understand that allergic reaction can occur with anything we take. This can happen even if it is something you have been taking for some while. My mum had a severe allergic reaction to a medication she had been taking for two years.

Looks like we have to watch our own back on issues like this. Listen to our bodies. Do our own research and not get fobbed off by medics.

Conolly

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D Brilliant!!!!

I had raised eosinophils throughout peri when my estrogen was high, and was having crazy ovarian cysts and all manner of other weirdness. My anaphylaxis consultant (yes - I had one of those too, girls ;) ) explained that estrogen increases histamine release through activation of mast cells. Hence why I was an itchy, swelling, anaphylaxis prone wreck with rhinitis thrown in for good measure for a while.....Fun, innit??? :o xxxx

Oh, thank you, itching and rhinitis are back again, I thought this was a perimenopause thing but it's just the same as 2 years ago... my blood tests show all hormones are flat, only luteinising hormone is high and it has been increasing in the last couple of years. Any thoughts on that?
Conolly X

Tempest

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D Daisydot, you KILL me!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yup - blinkin' mast cells are the root of all trouble with interstitial cystitis. Now I know some of you must be thinking - bloody hell! Tempest must be making this up, no one can be that unlucky - but I had to get bladder stretches done on 2 occasions during peri for this very reason, so I GET YOU, Daisydot!! 

I'm a tellin' you - I don't want to 'female' any more, it sucks!!! Jokingly one night, I said to Hubby 'would you mind if I asked to transgender and start taking testosterone and then we could be blokey buddies instead and just hang out in the pub'? And he said as long as he never had to hear the word 'menopause' again, it was fine with him......I LOVE that guy..... ;D ;D xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »

Hmmmm - i'll have to get 'boffy' on that one, Conolly! ;) Daisydot and I have 'ology's in this meno. stuff, but we is forever learning. We are like sponges of knowledge, I tell ye! ;) xxxx

Conolly

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »

:rofl: :rofl:
Your husband must be lovely...

DD, I have just bought an old book (1997) that has just been released as e-book 'The Other Within Us - Feminist explorations of women and aging' edited by Marilyn Pearsall and contributors include: Susan Sontag, Germaine Greer, May Sarton, Paula Gunn Allen and Ursula K. Le Guin.
The chapter on menopause is 'Heresy in the female body: the rhetorics of menopause' by Jacquelyn N. Zita.
Brilliant stuff!
Sorry for the squint  ;D
Conolly X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11