Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy  (Read 1580 times)

Littlepuss

Hysteroscopy
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »

Hi you were all so helpful last time I had a question I hope you don't mind me asking another??
I went to my drs about 2 weeks ago and explained that I had some heavy bleeding when my periods stopped around 3 years ago. She referred me to a gynaecologist and had an appt yesterday at the local hospital. So I had a hysteroscopy yesterday and it was noticed that I had polyps so a biopsy was taken and I was told that they would arrange for me to go in as a day patient to have them removed. I have now received a phone call with an appointment in 2 weeks. I am really concerned as I thought I would have a long wait does that mean that it is urgent for me to have these removed?? Sorry for the long post and if you have got this far thank you

Dancinggirl

Re: Hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

Hi and Welcome to MM - I think you have simply been fortunate to be seen so quickly.  I doubt it's because it's anything to be worried about. Good luck DG x

Littlepuss

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »

Thank you so much for replying and I hope you are right.

grumpy2008

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »

Sorry you're going through this. Just wanted to say that it's holiday time, so maybe there are just more appointments available? I've had hysteroscopies and various procedures and the last one was sprung upon me the day beforehand, because they'd had a cancellation! So please don't let it worry you, just be glad to have it over soon ;-)

Btw, I've had polyps removed under a general anaesthetic and it was easier (in my opinion) that the walk-in hysteroscopy clinic x

Littlepuss

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 06:32:49 AM »

Thank you I did speak to the admin person in the clinic yesterday and she said it was probably because people had cancelled due to it being summer holidays. Happy to hear that you found the op better than walk in that makes me feel slightly better.

Tanglewood

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »

I think it's one of the things that are fast tracked by the nhs. I had bleeding one day, went to the doctor the next and within 2 weeks had had a scan and hysteroscopy . That was last week, now waiting for the results of biopsy

Cazikins

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:46 PM »

Fingers crossed for your result Tanglewood & good luck Littlepuss for your procedure.

I had a very small bit of spotting in May so saw GP who sent me for a US scan within 2 weeks. I have 3 fibroids (use to only have 2) & 1 of them is is so close to my endo lining that it gave the reading as 8cm, luckily the scanner realised that it was a fibroid "hiding" beside it so put the thickness down to 5.3.

I am due to have a Hysteroscopy in 9 days time to see what is going on as the report said I also have a bulky uterus  :o :o

Cazikins x