Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ear op advice please.  (Read 4113 times)

Cazikins

Re: Ear op advice please.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 08:58:20 PM »

Hi Vieja Bruja,
Nice to hear from you again but sorry to hear you are still suffering. Are your AB's tablets or drops? I get given drops by the hospital& tabs my G.P. Hope you get better soon.

I had disolving stitches & they removed the packing after 2 weeks. No serious problems apart from a bit of weeping inside the ear canal, I have had to have it micro sucked twice since the op so I guess it is going to always be a problem.

I had some moulded swimming plugs made (by NHS at £10 each) as consultant told me I must keep my ears dry when bathing/washing hair etc & they'd be better than using cotton wool. But I just can't get on with them at all. I hate them & have gone back to using cotton wool. They aren't comfortable at all.

I have my 6 monthly check up soon. Will probably have to have a scan to see if the cholesteatoma has come back.

Cazi x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ear op advice please.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 10:30:44 AM »

Have a look-see at the Silverstone Circuit web-site.  They sell specific ear-plugs for spectators which might suit you better.  We bought Mum some when a resident along her corridor was being noisy at night [apparently]  ::) for a fiver - 2 in a packet obviously. 

Washing hair: now that reminds me of those plastic halo things that Mum used when we were small.  To stop water running into the eyes, instead it ran over the top of the halo so I still got wet  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]