Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 893 times)

carm 01

« on: July 29, 2018, 09:07:33 PM »

Hi ladies, I have been a member for a few years but I haven't posted anything but I read the posts every day. I'm 57 and been on this miserable journey for eight years, I'm not on HRT but on a low dose of fluxatine. I wonder if any of you lovely ladies could give me some advice, I'm at my wits end with the whole menapause thing and thinking of going to the doctor and asking for HRT.  The low mood and anxiety are the worst symptoms that keep popping up. I feel at times that I'm over the worst but then it floors me again. Is it too late for me to take HRT or should I just carry on as I am which is hard at times. Thanks for letting me rant.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »

Hi carm 01.
The anxiety for me was the worst, then followed by the low mood,
dreadful.....worst thing in my life, so I went onto hrt, the best thing I could have done,
Yeah, I still have the odd bad day, but on the whole, I'm much, much better.
The struggling and upset, just isn't worth it....
Try it, I don't think it's too late for you, ask for what you want at the doctors.
It's got to be better than struggling through life ..
Let us know what you decide and keep us informed....
Hope this helps....

Jd xx

Ps, I'm on femoston conti, the progesterone in that is supposed to be one of the kinder ones,
And at 1st, I had tiredness, and nausea, lasted a few days, (as the side effects,) now they've
subsided.... xx
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:54:35 PM by jillydoll »

carm 01

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:22 PM »

Thanks Jillydoll for your reply, like you ,anxiety has been the worst of the many symptoms  I have had. The  few times I have asked the doctors they don't seem to know what to give me so I'm going to try a well womans clinic. I just want to feel  normal again.  Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 10:21:11 PM »

If you have visited your GP complaining of anxiety or depression, you should have been offered appropriate medication.  If you feel that your symptoms are hormone related, they should have talked through the various types of HRT or referred you to a Menopause Clinic.

Do browse round.  Make notes.  Think which symptom/s you would like to ease first?  Maybe take a list along to the appt.?

Let us know how you get on.  Taking anti-anxiety treatment for 8-9 months may allow you to see the wood from the trees so that you can consider whether HRT would help.

grumpyjane

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 10:34:17 PM »

It's absolutely not too late Carm 01. I started at 58 after struggling with worsening symptoms for 8 years. Nothing's perfect, but feel much better.