Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Horrible perimenopause!  (Read 6368 times)

AgathaC

Re: Horrible perimenopause!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 05:10:31 PM »

Thank you Sheila and CLKD and everyone.
I've taken the plunge and contacted my GP to ask if the surgery has any kind of support group for menopause to see if I can get some local help. I said that I have almost every perimenopause symptom imaginable!
I had a very nice response but it said that they don't have any specific menopause support available. Apparently they used to have a nurse but they don't anymore. So it's just as well I have found this website!
I'm feeling a bit calmer today but the boobs and armpits are still burning and needling!

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 05:41:40 PM »

Hello AgathaC and welcome to the forum.

I sympathise with your situation as I can be similarly obsessed with my anxiety issues. I find that logic plays no part in the process so any rational approach is a waste of time. My trusty meno book describes  emotional symptoms perfectly but knowing they are caused by  hormones doesn't help us live with them does it!

I wonder were your breasts painful in your menstruating years? It seems that migraine sufferers notice a change in intensity during the menopause so could you be experiencing something similar, in other words essentially the same reaction to fluctuating hormones but now a  much more extreme version.

I think there is very little menopause  support generally which makes this site all the more valuable for those of us who are having a difficult time.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

AgathaC

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 04:14:56 AM »

Just re-read my initial post.
Noticed an additional symptom: I'm 46 not 47.
So clearly confused and forgetful too ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 08:31:35 AM »

You will fit right in  ;D - have you read our 'doing stupid things' thread yet ;-) ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 11:22:42 AM »

I know which year I was born but please don't tell me who old I actually am, in my head I'm 16  ;D

AgathaC

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »

Hoping all the nice people who replied and were supportive are doing well and coping with their own personal struggles xxx
I'm trying very hard to do all the things I promised myself I would - eating, sleeping, taking supplements, exercising - and I'm feeling okay but the ANXIETY is so awful. I wake up with a sinking feeling in my stomach. It can hit me any time of day. Tonight I've been worrying and crying and feeling in a complete panic about everything and nothing (mainly health anxiety). My heart is racing and I feel like I need to go to A&E. It's completely ridiculous and I can't stand it that I'm letting myself behave this way. I just can't seem to help myself.
I know this sounds stupid but are there any particular foods that you avoid or eat to help with anxiety. I've shut myself in the bathroom and I feel so anxious and desperate tonight. My boobs have been aching and on fire for two days so I know that the hormones are in town.
Love and thanks to all xxx

Tiddles

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »

Hi Agatha.  That anxiety is just the worst symptom - that awful feeling of dread like something really bad has happened or is about to happen.  I really feel for you.  I knew it was hormonal because it started in my stomach somewhere - I could almost feel the adrenaline rushing in followed by rising panic. As I've said before, only HRT worked on that for me and it worked almost immediately.  Other ladies on here have had success for that symptom with anti depressants and others have had success with CBT. I've heard St John's Wort can help with anxiety but I believe you have to be careful what you take that with. Maybe do a word search for anxiety on here and see if there are any other suggestions. Please keep in touch.  Try to keep in mind that this is a physical symptom, brought on by hormones.  You're not going mad and there ARE treatments that work xx

AgathaC

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »

Oh Tiddles I've only just read that response and so you must think me rude for not replying!
Currently trying magnesium and agnus castus and vitamin C for my anxiety. I'm not sure if they make any difference at all.
This afternoon is a very anxious afternoon so have been gardening after work. I find that the combination of physical exertion and mindfulness works best - today, digging over a Rose bed and admiring the blooms  :)
It's definitely hormonal anxiety because of all the other things going on. I tend to worry most about health and also safety issues like my children going in cars or on planes.
Thanks again for responding xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]