Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Early Menopause -change from tablets to patches  (Read 1002 times)

Golden retriever

Early Menopause -change from tablets to patches
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »

Hi all, I am new here. I am a single 41 year old and was diagnosed with early menopause February 2017. I tried Femoston 2/10 but found my Anxiety heightened, so decided to change to patch estrogen(Estradot 50) and progesterone tablets this summer.
Unfortunately my 16 year old dog died in June and I found it very overwhelming so decided not to change till August.
My first 12 days on patch/ tablet combination have been very difficult. I am on the progesterone 200mg tablet from day 1-12. Hot flushes started to come back, very very moody and low energy.
I'm on day 14 now and feel a little more balanced but very emotional still. How anyone had such an experience when changing over from tablets to patches.
Thank you in advance.

AgathaC

Re: Early Menopause -change from tablets to patches
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:05:46 PM »

Hello Golden Retriever. I'm not on HRT but someone will be alone to help about that soon, I'm sure.
Sorry about your doggie (I can guess what breed he/she was). I imagine that made your anxiety even worse and has made you feel absolutely awful. My friend who is also single has just lost a 17 year dog and feels completely floored. Hoping you get some help with your HRT. Lots of love xx

Golden retriever

Re: Early Menopause -change from tablets to patches
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:10:48 PM »

Thanks AgathaC
I have to be thankful that I was with him and he didn't suffer but the emptiness is unreal. Think it probably was a wake up call on not having children too.ah.
It will get better
Just waiting is annoying
Take care