Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg side effects - newbie to this stage  (Read 1913 times)

Ivil

• It's begun!
Elleste Duet 1mg side effects - newbie to this stage
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:05:05 AM »

Hello

I'm about to take my first ever HRT... Elleste Duet 1mg. My two questions to those who have taken it are:

1. How soon, if at all, did you feel any unwanted side effects; and

2. Did they abate - if so, how long did that take?

Thanks!

Sgtvhilts

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg side effects - newbie to this stage
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »

Hi,
I took ellestte duet to start with (5 months ago), i was okay on the oestrogen bit, but the progesterone- yuk, nausea ++
I didn't bother giving it a chance, called my gp and she changed it to femeston 1/10.
Much better, no sickness.
I was like this with the pill too, really funny with types of progesterone, but femoston has the same progesterone as marvalon (pill) so much better.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »

Sorry forgot to,say, my peri symptom of head fog went within 3 days !!! , flushes/ heat/ sweats after about 3 weeks.

Ivil

• It's begun!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 08:28:40 AM »

Thank you for replying.
I'm about to take my first green (progesterone) pill...
So far, so good, no flushes as of day 3.

Fingers crossed!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 08:42:31 AM »

Ivil - the key thing with using HRT is to not to focus on the side effects but concentrate on the benefits. No HRT will be perfect, so some side effects will happen and it is about the benefits versus the side effects.

Give this HRT 3 months to allow your body to adjust.  Do expect there to be sore breasts, cramps and maybe some PMT type symptoms towards the end of the progesterone stage, as this is all normal. HRT cannot fix everything so concentrate on life style choices - so get your diet and exercise into good order and in 3 months you may find you feel really great.  DG x

Bellar

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »

Hi Ivil, I was 11 months period free when I started on duet 1mg. Like you my flushes/sweats disappeared within days and things were good. Unfortunately for me I experienced extremely heavy bleeding after finishing the green tablets so have now changed to elleste conti, again this is a problem but hopefully will settle.  I had no other side effects and felt really well on these. As DG says HRT won't sort everything but if one type doesn't suit theres always an alternative to try. Hopefully you have hit on the right one and continue to feel the benefits, good luck x

Ivil

• It's begun!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I am definitely going to give it at least 3 months and see if these drugs are right for me. It's right to focus on the benefits. I am already feeling them: more energy and no flushes.

So far, so good. Onwards and upwards