Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Severe vaginal atrophy  (Read 25386 times)

Scottishgirl

Re: Severe vaginal atrophy
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 09:00:16 PM »

Meant thrush cream in morning and vagifem at night.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:21 PM »

Thanks Jeaniewigs.I must admit I love the stuff. Put it on my face too.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 02:14:26 AM »

Well ladies pressing on with vagifem. Still burning. Maybe not as bad? But still debilitating. I'm just going for the 3 week load instead of 2 weeks. I have health anxiety. Now I'm paranoid there's something wrong with my bladder. ( Cancer ) Defo no uti though.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 02:49:52 AM »

It's not burning when I wee, just burning all the time. I guess the atrophy can do that?

AgathaC

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 03:02:35 AM »

Sounds like you have had a rough time recently. I'm not surprised you health anxiety! It probably feels like one thing after another. I can't advise on the VA but the other ladies have given you loads of great advice above. Regarding your reversal op, I really hope that goes well. My dad had similar, a bag and then a reversal and it was very successful. Needed to take on board lots of post op diet changes. Can recommend lots of diet tips for that. Thinking of you during what I suspect is a long, sleepless night. Hope you get some relief using the tips above xx

Scottishgirl

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 03:14:53 AM »

Thanks Agatha c, I sure have been through a lot and I really hoped I could get on top of this burning before my op on Wednesday. I don't want to be dealing with bladder and bowel,issues, bladder thing is giving me most trouble at the moment.  Very depressing. Thank you for your kind words .

Scottishgirl

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »

Anyone tried vitamin E. I have read some good Thi has about it.  The oil Inserted vaginally.

Jenna

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2018, 07:51:41 AM »

I haven't tried Vitamin E, but 'Yes' water-based works wonders for me. I also use Estriol Cream (not Vagifem) twice a week as the gynae said that would be more helpful for me as my soreness was mainly in the undercarriage area. Also when I did try Vagifem it didn't suit me and made things worse.

I hope that might help in some way - good luck!

Scottishgirl

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »

My discomfort(pain actually) is in the bladder and burning vaginal walls . So miserable.

Jenna

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »

You could try 'Yes' water-based used vaginally (as I also do) or 'Yes' VM, but not at the same time as Vagifem, or you could even try Estriol Cream or Ovestin if you think Vagifem is not helping that much.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »

Problem is I can't get to GP before my operation on Wednesday, and where do you get the yes stuff from, and would that stop the bladder pain. Thanks so much for your help .

Jenna

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 09:46:40 AM »

You can buy 'Yes' products from Holland and Barrett. All I can say is that it helped me, but of course we are all different - sorry I know that is not much help. The 'yes' website has lots of useful information, if you would like to have a look there:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:35:03 PM by Emma »

Scottishgirl

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »

Thank you Jenna. Much appreciated.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »

Thanks Jeaniewigs. I'll try all that. And I'm married to a randy Irishman lol. Does that mean tea is out? I love it .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »

;D. Red Bush  :sick02:  ::).   I find that caffeine makes me queasy anyway even though I love the smell and often 'fancy' a cup.  But have learned to avoid. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9