Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Has my hrt stopped working  (Read 1534 times)

Sgtvhilts

Has my hrt stopped working
« on: August 23, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »

Hi folks
I thought it was to good to be true!
Started femeston 1/10 in april, life changing, went really well , until........ about 2 weeks ago and boy oh boy did they come back with a vengeance- I couldn't belive it, flushing intense heat, mood really dropped anxiety through the roof , in fact exactly the same as before i started.  Gp today upped me to 2/10, so fingers crossed, but my queries are
1)- is this pretty standard
2) i've noticed that 2mgs of oestrogen is the max in the pill, so where do you go when this starts failing - just preparing myself lol
3) does this mean i'm moving through- if the symptoms have increased then vis a vis i must be progressing....
Love to hear what other experiences are. Thanks

Annie0710

Re: Has my hrt stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »

I started 1mg of oestrogen when I was 32, like you it worked wonders but a few weeks later symptoms returned so I went to the max 2mg.  This worked brilliantly for 13 years

Cross that bridge if/when you get to it but give the 2mg a try x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »

Thanks for this. Very helpful.
I was surprised to have had only 4 months on the 1 mgs- would i be correct in thinking symptoms are back because i am moving forward in peri?
I started 2 mgs yesterday- so we'll see, but good to note you had 13 yrs!
What did you graduate to after that?
Now I've tasted the good life with relief that hrt provides i am not giving it up... as i told my gp...ever!

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 07:00:18 AM »

Thanks for this. Very helpful.
I was surprised to have had only 4 months on the 1 mgs- would i be correct in thinking symptoms are back because i am moving forward in peri?
I started 2 mgs yesterday- so we'll see, but good to note you had 13 yrs!
What did you graduate to after that?
Now I've tasted the good life with relief that hrt provides i am not giving it up... as i told my gp...ever!

My meno is more complicated.  The first meno was caused by hysterectomy, dr accidentally severed blood supply to ovaries, hence menopause symptoms.  I assumed I was through meno so happily carried on with hrt.  At 45 I came crashing down very suddenly and they said 2nd (natural) menopause.  I believe it was then my ovaries disappeared and I needed testosterone but I was only offered different forms of oestrogen that didn't help the new symptoms.  But I tried patches but now I love my gels (oestrogen and testosterone) x