Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Still suffering  (Read 2635 times)

miagran

Still suffering
« on: July 28, 2018, 08:25:41 AM »

Hi, returning to mm to find out if it's worth getting the magnet thingy after speaking to a woman in the hairdressers while I was continually drying myself off. She spoke highly of how she was flush free since using it. I had given up after 18 years of flushes ( only 5 were flush free due to amazing hrt which was stopped after my 5 years by the doc) 🙁 Has anyone had any relief from their flushes using this magnet or is it a waste of money? Anything else new on the market that would help? 🤔 Thanks for any advice folks.....

Dotty

Re: Still suffering
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 09:04:12 AM »

It didn't work for me  :'(

You can stay on hrt indefinitely so go back and see your GP and ask to restart it. X

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 09:58:43 AM »

As Dotty said above.  If it worked and you felt amazing on HRT go back and ask for more of the same.  Tell them you are prepared to take the risk if they start to mutter.  What's the use of 5 years and then back to square one.

miagran

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 12:08:09 PM »

Cheers ladies, to be fair, apart from thinning hair, flushes are the only thing I suffer from now, still quite severe, and at 63 I'm not sure that she would prescribe hrt so would hate to be given it only for a few years once again, as symptoms were so much worse when I stopped, but I might just see what she says anyhow. I guess I was hoping that this magnet would be the answer but hey ho not to be......but thanks again!  :😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:18:17 PM »

Your GP was wrong.  Maybe keep a diary of food/mood/symptoms for 3 weeks then have a chat with a Practice Nurse?  Read the treatments above and decide what you would like to try?  Then let us know.

Magnets were used in the 1980s to help heal un-united fractures ......... I think it was Swansea Uni. that trialled the effects.

grumpyjane

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 03:34:19 PM »

The Lady Care magnet does work for some people, as I've heard from another group I belong to. I'm going to give it a try when I can get around to buying one.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »

Magnets do work on pets sometimes.  What's the worst that can happen?  Money spent on something that might not work but that is true of many things that we buy ...........

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »

miagran, it sounds like you found the perfect HRT regime and I think it is a huge pity and you were forced to give it up for no reason.  I would not bother with the magnet, I would go straight back on the HRT that worked so well for you before.  If your GP won't prescribe it, why not find another doctor who will - you are obviously struggling with quite a few nasty symptoms.

I was just saying on another thread, forget the 5 year time limit, it is outdated and in my opinion very destructive and eroding quality of life for so many women.  There is no time limit, you can take HRT for life as long as you don't have a serious health condition. 

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »

:thankyou:  Mary G - after all, we might not live long enough to see if HRT has any bad effect!