Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oh dea...  (Read 1292 times)

sofasurfer

Oh dea...
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:44:56 PM »

Hello,
I should have posted my first here.  ;D

I am so glad I found your forum. I think gp is pretty useless so I'm looking for solution by myself. I asked if there is a meno clinic and he just suggested that I should see one of the female doctors in the surgery.....
When my period stopped abraptly beginning of this year, I am having dizzy spell and dryness down there. Not sure of hot flushes since we've been having HOT days I can't tell whether it's meno or the weather. lol
When I mentioned dizzyness which is listed under one of the meno symptoms, my gp said I shouldn't have dizzy spell with meno and checked my blood pressure.  ::) I guess it is the right thing to do just in case I had a high BP but my BP has always been on the low side so I didn't think it was high BP.

What I am suffering is digestive issues. I read that some people were experiencing soft poo due to thinning of the womb and prostigland. Then I have skin issues which does not heal. I guess when hormones have disappeared, your immune system goes to pot.  :'(

Also dryness which makes it very uncomfortable and I probably need to ask for local hrt.
As for systemic, I don't know which one I should ask. I'm not so keen on coil. When I had UID before, I didn't like the feel of wire inside of me. It's a hard choice between feeling well and functioning vs possible cancer, stroke etc....
But I am thinking, I have been on the contraceptive pill before and HRT contains the same hormones but much much less, 35mg vs 1mg.

I'm planning to have private DEXA scan soon so that it gives me the baseline to start the journey. :(
I know it is supposed to be the natural process but it feels like I have fallen ill big time all of a sudden. Thanks to women who talked about their issues online, I didn't panic that I had a cancer or some major illness. Sorry I am rambling but I just needed to get that out as I have nobody I can speak about this....not even a doctor.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oh dea...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:03:59 PM »

:welcomemm:

Localised HRT is worth trying for vaginal dryness - as oestrogen levels drop the whole body may become dry, inside and out  >:(

Browse round.  Make notes.

AG

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 02:34:25 PM »

Hi,

I think  lot of peri menopause symptoms can take women by complete surprise aside from the common knowledge that there could be hot flushes. I (48y) certainly had pretty much most symptoms crammed into the last 6 months or so, and, also thanks to this forum, have been able to make sense of what is happening. My GP surgery is of limited use with this. I had dizzy spells, not too much of hot "flushes" but rather being very warm (or also very cold) all day, blood pressure temporarily went haywire (anxiety driven in particular) but thankfully now mostly back to normal. Bouts of some anxiety I never suffered from and insomnia, also being completely exhausted even after sleep, and being very tired. I have had extremely oily skin for years on my face no matter what soap etc I used, then a few weeks ago, this switched to extremely dry skin now. I started also feeling nauseous, which is apparently also a symptom but I have improved recently thankfully and I found a small dose of magnesium (as part of Oesteocare tablets) seems to have helped with symptoms. Do not despair with all of this but it is important to find something that works for you to keep symptoms within reasonable limits. The more women talk about these things the better I think as I (and many women I know) was completely unprepared for the "onslaught" of symptoms. Exercise also helps me lots to keep symptoms at bay most days.

All the best, Anna

sofasurfer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »

CLKD and Anna, thanks for your support. :)

My FSH was 35U/L, oestradiol was <100 pmol/L and I was told it's normal.  ::)
I asked if there is a meno clinic and she said she didn't know...she had to find out.  Also asked if I could have a pessary but she wouldn't give it. Something to do with only effective for bone health and hot flush and that's it. ::)
In this weather I can't tell if I am sweating because of the weather or my hot flush....
I may have to go private to get any help or advice....  :'( Currently on sick so buying £15 worth of lube is not going to be cheap especially when I am only surviving on £70 pw.

I guess those that are heading towards the grave are left dying. Sorry not feeling very positive, just feel like dying now. Why suffer!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:09:02 PM by sofasurfer »

sofasurfer

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »

Hi sofasurfer you don't have to spend £15 on lube that's a big percentage of your income when your struggling on sick pay,go and get the trial sizes of organic coconut oil from health store and use that to lubricate and heal the vaginal tissue it will surprise you how effective it is,you also do need to see a meno consultant for some realistic care and advice your gp is another ill informed shocker.
Don't beat yourself up read and learn from the posts and advice on this forum and you can get through this it just takes time and patience you have no need to suffer when there's good advice and help to be had from the ladies here xx
I can do coconut oil so thank you for that advice!

As for seeing meno consultant, I've asked for referal to gyno or asked where meno clinic is but he said we can do it all over here unless there is major problem so I am not getting it when he doesn't give me proper advice either. He's the gate keeper. My digestive system, my bladder, my immune system has all gone down since my period stopping and I am pretty sure it is down to hormones. So I have to go alone.

But you know what?! I am finding many medical advice is so long.
I go to Thyroid forum and the patients are suffering,
I go to Cancer forum, and they too are suffering, mistreated.... all for money.
We are guineapigs!