Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: BHRT Pellet Therapy & Bleeding  (Read 1275 times)

Bellabug

BHRT Pellet Therapy & Bleeding
« on: June 22, 2018, 04:05:40 PM »

I had tried twice to use BHRT creams and had no relief in symptoms.  I last had a period in Oct of 2017.  I was having horrible issues (flashes every few minutes, no sleep, severe joint pain, brain fog etc etc) so I began researching and found the bioidentical pellet therapy.  I went for my labs and my estrogen came back as a 'trace' amount, my progesterone was the same and my testosterone was at 21.  My FSH was at 120.  My doctor declared me in menopause (even though I havent made a year with no periods).  She inserted both estrogen and testosterone pellets in mid March and gave me oral progesterone at 100mgs to prevent bleeding.  Symptoms literally vanished in 48 hours and spotting started about day 6 and lasted for a week.  I went back for a blood recheck on week 5 and she said I needed more estrogen and testosterone.  I was dosed again.  The next day my breasts were so sore that I couldnt handle a shirt and I could tell that I was swollen as my rings didnt fit.  I assumed that I was overdosed with estrogen.  I started spotting again About a week after this second insertion.  It lasted about 5 days as spotting and then I had a light period for another 5.  I was good for about 10 days and then I started spotting again for 6 days.  I was good for about 10 days and woke this morning to a very faint spotting.  Its like every other week and its been a good 4 weeks since the second dose.  Ive been reading and reading.  Consensus is that it can take 6 months for the body to adjust and this to stop.  Also reading that I was not in menopause regardless of my FSH level because it hadnt been a year without a period.  This might have 'kick started' the machine.  Ive also read that I could have uterine cancer....google is a scary world.
I called the hormone doctor and she said go see your gyno....this isnt normal.  That didnt help

I did make an appointment but Im wondering about  other experiences or thoughts?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: BHRT Pellet Therapy & Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »

A hormone 'doctor' sending you to a Gyane .........  :welcomemm:

Are you in the UK?  Browse round. Make notes ...........

My Gynae won't do blood tests, prefers to treat on symptoms  ::)

Bellabug

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 04:24:49 PM »

Im in New York!  Yes the hormone doctor is an internist and not a gyno

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 07:25:30 PM »

I thought you might be State Side .........

Do you have to wait long for appointments? 

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »

Fsh readings can be unreliable and you need to be period free for a year if you are over 50 to be classed as in menopause . Sounds like you are still in peri menopause .

Yes it can take 6 months for your body to adjust and bleeding within this time is normal .