Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi! New Member - post Meno 5 years  (Read 3419 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi! New Member - post Meno 5 years
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 04:28:10 PM »

I would stick with this sequential regime for 3 months to see how you get on and then assess whether you want to try it continuously. Pleased things are better already. DG x

Nikkisyard

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 06:24:55 AM »

I would stick with this sequential regime for 3 months to see how you get on and then assess whether you want to try it continuously. Pleased things are better already. DG x

Hi DG! Thanks for your reply...
Early this morning I began to get concerned that I hadn't started a bleed, 4 days after ceasing Utrogestan... not sure what that would mean but either way when I got up.. bam.. there it was... and it came with all the dreaded period pains too... currently curled up on the sofa with a hot water bottle damning the gods for making me female.... 😝
That said... I've been sleeping soundly and deeply with no night sweats and no flushes in the day so I'm super pleased.... mood lifted and more energy... 😊

What would the reason be for giving it 3 months? As a post meno woman of 5 years is there a reason I should be encouraging bleeds?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:41 AM »

It take 3-6 months for the body to adjust and settle on any hormones. I personally didn't get on with Utrogestan, especially on a continuous basis (I've tried just about everything going).  Having said this, so many women find Utrogestan great -  but taking any progesterone continuously can bring more issues.  I know the bleeds are a nuisance and if you want to switch to continuous then try it.  DG x

Dotty

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »

Hi if you are post meno then you can take the Utrogestan continuously which is a no bleed regime. I take it that way and I'm fine x

Nikkisyard

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 07:37:10 AM »

Wow life gets busy sometimes! Sorry for my late reply.

So I shed for 2 days and the rest has been fine. I may well take yiur advice DG and give it 3 months this way.. see how I feel. It does feel like I should shed..

Dotty the reason Im doing it sequentially is because I have the Utrogestan 200 so a little too strong for continuous. Im doing well on it this way so far but if the bleed days are too annoying I may switch.

That said... what kind of problems do other women have doing Utrogestan continuously? I do find it messy.. but health wise?
Pages: 1 [2]