Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Still new to all of this but desperate  (Read 816 times)

Bradenton69

Still new to all of this but desperate
« on: July 26, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »

HI there

I posted very briefly re peri symptoms and I thought I could fix it myself, or that it would go away and get better.  Guess what it hasnt it has got worse.

I am now 16 weeks without a period and you would think I would be feeling yeeha but nope.  I have all PMT symptons incs really sore boobs and my anxiety is through the roof.  Even started having panic attacks and avoiding meeting people that I can get away with cancelling on.  Things at home are getting very strained as my 19 year old step daughter is off from university and is playing my buttons around the house with laziness.  If I say anything its causing stress between my husband and I.

It has got to the point where I dont recognise myself anymore, both mentally and physically, and just want to shut myself away.

As I have endometriosis/cysts on my ovaries I am still unsure if HRT is for me or what else I can do.  Even thinking about paying for consultation that was previously suggested.

Any help please I am desperate

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Still new to all of this but desperate
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »

Have replied in your original thread!

AgathaC

Re: Still new to all of this but desperate
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:58:40 PM »

Hello Bradenton - I've posted similar symptoms at a very similar time to you (look on new members just above me). I'm sorry you feel desperate. We've got to take courage from lovely ladies like CLKD and Sparkle and pursue a combination of our own efforts (reading, list making, etc.) and the GP. I can totally empathise with what you have written about how you feel at home. It's hard to be a great mum to a late teenage girl when you feel rubbish yourself! My anxiety is out of hand and I also don't recognise myself any more. No period issues yet apart from awful flooding one or two days a month so I have to stay indoors! Can't face going out on those days since I ruined a chair at work. Mortified, I was. Much love xx