Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri menopause  (Read 1079 times)

PG

Peri menopause
« on: June 21, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »

Hi, I'm new here and I'm pretty sure I've been peri menopausal for going on 10 years. Hot flushes, very irregular periods etc.  I'm 51 and been hoping for THE END for a good while now. Thing is the blasted thing s don't seem to want to leave me.

All through my life my periods have been irregular and up until about 10 years ago my cycle would be anything from 18 days to 28 almost never longer, then 10 years ago it started stretching out.  The longest I've been between has been abou 10 weeks. 

I always was the “sympathetic” one, what I mean is it was always my cycles that changed to make me “in tune” with those around me. 

Over the last coupl3 of years this has become ridiculous though....I haven't had a permanent desk at work and my cycles have gone like this 6 months of spot on 4 weeks whilst I shared an office with a lady in her 30s who was on the pill, followed by an office move to a room on my own 6 or 7 months with  or 4 periods spaced at about 7-8 weeks apart. 10 months sharing a room with 2 post menopause women - only 2 very very light dark old looking blood type periods, both coincidentally when I was away from office for over a week.  Then, the killer, moved into an office with a teenager and wham bam thank you mam, back in full force 2 weeks later (started the same day as she did) for the next 3 months I'm totally in cynic with her again with full blown periods.  3 months ago I move into a room with 2 men, no periods, until my daughter comes to visit, and guess what she is with us for 3 days before her period starts and once agin, I've started bleeding again within 24 hours.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm told I am naturally empathetic but this is, excuse the pun, bloody ridiculous

Hurdity

Re: Peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »

Hi PG

:welcomemm:

During peri-menopause periods come and go as they please and there is no set pattern - I doubt whether yours are influenced by the people around you!  I think there have been theories about that (eg synchronisation of mensturation amongst fertile women) but I think these have been debunked. Even if there was some sort of effect (of synchronisation) it wouldn't be so immediate as to cause a period to start the next day as this is a complex process involving feedback loops, hormones in the brain and the ovaries and uterus!! I think you're looking at some funny coincidences!!

Hopefully the symptoms you've been getting when periods have stopped haven;t been too bad as you don't mention them - but I agree it's a pain not knowing when they will come and go!!

There is an article about peri-menopause you might be interested in - which tells you how it all works:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hurdity x