Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: vitamins for anxiety eg St John's Wort  (Read 6839 times)

Ladybt28

Re: vitamins for anxiety eg St John's Wort
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

Amitryptyline has a sedative effect and when combined with co-codamol its even worse.  I was in a car accident in 2010 and hurt my left shoulder and my neck.  The pain was horrendous for 2 and a bit years, then it settled and then settled some more but it resulted in tingling and loss of feeling in my left hand.  They gave me amityptyline, butrans patches which are morphine based, gabapentin for the tingling, co-codomol and after 2 years my family thought I had alzheimers! I couldn't speak, couldn't think, could barely move, spent 10 hours a day in bed.  On one visit to the neurologist he actually told me to give them all up "as the treatment is worse than the problem".   I followed his advice - it wasn't nice coming off them and it needs to be supervised but all I can say is I don't sleep 10 hours a day and I can string a sentence together!

I use co-codamol only when the pain goes above 7 and other wise they have prescribed 12 hour Arthrotec which is effectively the trade name of a type of diclofenac.  I also use topical ibruprofen gel - in fact I have been know to cover my left side in it when the pain gets outside what I can deal with.  Sometimes it's unpleasant buy the other drugs had built up in my system and were having no real beneficial effect just tricking my body into assuming it was in pain all the time so it needed more drugs.

I have swopped those problems for a few others - the menopause no less - but with the help of this forum I am a work in progress as far as that is concerned.  Interestingly the accident was slap bang in the middle of me being peri and some of achy joints other than the ones I damaged and the tiredness was due to that as well as the powerful drugs they gave me.

Congrats to Granny Pops!  :congrats:I hope you can find a way to feel better so that you can run around with your new addition.  I know its really really scary getting rid of the pain killers but sometimes they cause more problems than they solve

SandJ

Re: vitamins for anxiety eg St John's Wort
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »

I've just discovered Inositol, a 'non essential' vitamin. I was looking into it for sleep only to find it seems to be extremely effective for anxiety, panic disorder and depression.....have a google. It's a kind of B vitamin I think.
My anxiety has **much** improved recently but I'm not sure why as I started taking Inositol (about 6000 mg per day in divided doses), at the same time as starting CBD and taking 50 mg Trazodone at night for sleep.
Pages: 1 [2]