Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Could someone llooking for advise  (Read 919 times)

Lovebug

Could someone llooking for advise
« on: June 19, 2018, 08:41:01 PM »

Don't no what's going on with my periods at moment having lighter periods and not comming on time and when they dotheir still light and sometimes last longer. last period was 19th March very light no period April and on the 26th may had a scant showing and just needed a panty liner is this all normal 

Dancinggirl

Re: Could someone llooking for advise
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm

Your symptoms are typical of the peri menopause stage.
Do tell us your age? Are you getting flushes?
Read up all the factual info on this site to get clued up and get back to us with questions. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »

Have a look-see at the green banners, treatments etc..

My periods waxed and waned for years.  Would miss a few months, then have a few on a regular basis then they stopped.  Had stopped for months B4 I even noticed  ::)

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.  Look out for vaginal atrophy !

Lovebug

Looking for advice
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 03:15:19 PM »

Hi love bug here has anyone gone through the menopause with out medication and is it better not to take anything hope I'm making sense not very good at this forum thing sorry

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »

Hi Lovebug. It's not better or worse to use hrt. Every women is different and will experience the menopause differently. Some sail through with few problems but roughly 60% of women struggle with symptoms and hrt can really help. If meno symptoms are reducing quality of life then it's well worth trying hrt. Nobody can tell You how long symptoms will last and some find they never stop. The damage that oestrogen deficiency does continues even when flushes subside and studies show that 5 years of hrt in our 50s will actually protect our bones and heart for the long term.
Provided you don't have health issues that prevent you using HRT e.g. strong family history of breast cancer, being very over weight or a smoker, then the benefits of hrt for a few years far outweighs any risks.  DG x