Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Swimwear Woes  (Read 3666 times)

Dorothy

Swimwear Woes
« on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »

I haven't swum for years, but I'm thinking about starting again as it would be good exercise without having to put weight on my achey joints.  BUT...I need a new swimming costume as my old one has perished and I can't find anything I would be comfortable wearing.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells costumes that provide good 'coverage'?!  I'm finding that anything with a longer leg tends to have a plunging neckline and back, while the ones that don't show a lot of cleavage are very high in the leg.  I'd like a 'short' style bottom half with a high neckline, but right now the only things I'm finding that qualify are burkhinis and although I like a lot of coverage, I don't want to go that far!

Lisa1966

Re: Swimwear Woes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:27:11 PM »

Have a look at tankinis

Lisa xx

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:55 PM »

Or the little skirted swimsuits they are quite popular.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 09:53:48 PM »

'Kaledeiscope' catalogue ........ or 'Nicola Jane' who design for ladies who have had mastectomy. 

JaneinPen

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:46:51 AM »

Hi Dorothy. I bought two really nice tummy slimming costumes from M & Co last year. Not sure what this years are like. They are not high leg so comfortable and they have a high back. I have also bought a few from Lands End and their quality is always good

Wyn

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 11:49:47 AM »

Try Bravissimo.com  They have a website as well as shops in plenty of big towns. Big choice in sizes for ladies with larger boobs.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »

I have two Tankini sets which came from M and Co. The pants are black and have a bit of tummy control and one top is a tropical design and the other is animal print. 

They are much more comfortable than a swimsuit because they are separate but they look like they are all in ones.  Swimsuits used to pull up my middle but these don't.

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:05:21 AM »

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies!  I've found a swimsuit with a skirt which I've mail ordered as no shopping facilities near me.  If it fits...I have no excuses not to swim! 

Lanzalover

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »

Happy swimming 🏊 🏊 🏊

Lanzalover x

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:29:38 PM »

It was supposed to have arrived today, but I've had an email saying the courier attempted to deliver but we weren't in.  But we were.  ALL day. They are going to redeliver tomorrow.  Just hope they try the right address this time.  Hermes are the most hopeless courier I have EVER encountered.  Three different deliveries from three different companies in the past few months, all using Hermes and this has happened on every one!

Dorothy

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »

Hi Ladies, just wanted to update you and say that the swimming costume arrived and I finally 'took the plunge' when I visited a friend who lives by the sea - yes, the thought of not having to pay to swim was a great incentive!  Very chuffed with myself as the last time I did any serious swimming was 19 years ago!  I can REALLY recommend a swimdress for anyone who is a bit nervous about exposing too much of themselves in public - mine had a tummy control panel on the swimsuit bit (which I thought would be really uncomfortable but was actually fine) and the 'skirt' part was attached just under the bust so fell straight down - it was incredibly slimming and flattering and I ended up looking better in my swimsuit than in most of my 'normal' clothes!  (NB:  look for one that has a skirt falling from the bust as it's much more flattering - I also tried one on where the skirt bit attached just above the hips and it stuck straight out and made me look like Nellie the elephant   :o)

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 07:32:51 AM »

Well done Dorothy. Glad you found something to wear that you liked

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 08:25:00 AM »

Well done Dorothy.... :)

I'm in ore of you. I respect anyone who can swim in the sea....
Scares the flipping hell outa me.....so good one babe....           :clapping:

On holiday, I only go in as far as my waist. But if there's fish around touching me
I'm OUT. Sharpish......lol.  :scottie:

Let us know when you swim the channel, I'll be there to cheer you on....lol.  :cheer:

Good luck with it Dorothy,

Jd x

Dorothy

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 05:18:57 PM »

I didn't go much further in than my waist - made sure I wasn't out of my depth and just swam parallel with the shore. But at least I WAS swimming!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 11:44:10 AM »

Did you wear shoes  :o - I can't bear the feeling of sand and weed between my toes  ;D

Well done.  I was about 11 when I last swam in the sea  ::).  Now that octopus have been sighted close to the shores of the UK I won't be going in any time soon ..........

Like the idea of your costume choice.   :medal:
Pages: [1] 2