Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: oestraclin 0.6 gel (estradiol)  (Read 4123 times)

clarissa

• First Flush
oestraclin 0.6 gel (estradiol)
« on: June 19, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »

Hello everyone.  I'm a newbie posting and I love this forum.  I am almost 50 and still having my own regular periods but I was suffering badly with anxiety, depression and insomnia.

I was taking evorel sequi and am now on oestraclin o.6 mg gel and utrogestan 100mg.   On the evorel patches I was taking 25mg.  However I cannot find out what the equivalent is on the gel and am currently taking 1 pump a day of 1,25.  Is anyone else taking this gel (I had to get my sister in law to buy it in Spain as here they wouldn't give me it) and do you have any tips.  I am finding  it better than the patchs but not sure if  I should be taking more gel as symptoms are sneaking back in.  Weepiness, insomnia etc. 

Thanks in advance.  ???

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: oestraclin 0.6 gel (estradiol)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »

Hi Clarissa.
Just to say  :welcomemm:
I can't help with your question but just wanted to say hi.
I'm sure someone will come along shortly and answer your questions, we're always
on here so ask away......good luck babe....

Jd x

clarissa

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »

Thank you Jd.  :)

clarissa

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 02:43:10 PM »

Thank you StellaJane I might up my dose to 2 pumps then.  I do find it a lot better than the patches.  I don't feel as tired with it.   :)

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »

I'd also say increase your dose to two Clarissa the gel s fab and you can tweak it up and down to suit,and go and battle it out with gp there's no reason for them to withhold it say how flat you felt on patches and difficulty sticking with hot sweats etc,lie if you have to,if it's helping you then do what you have to do to stay well they have no bloody conscience about your well being when they're refusing it do they.Good luck xx

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »

Clarissa, in theory 1 measure of Oestraclin is equivalent to a 25mcg patch but I found the reality to be completely different because patches didn't work for me at all.  I agree with others and would try 2 pumps of gel and you should start to feel better.  It might be worth splitting the dose by (roughly) 12 hours to keep you oestrogen levels even.

I agree with Daisydot that you should be able to get the gel from the NHS but equally I don't blame you if you can't be bothered to do battle with them, it's so easy to just buy it in Spain although it has doubled in price recently and it now costs about €10.00 as you know.  That said, some women on here have only been getting small amounts of gel on an NHS prescription so it might not work out to be much more expensive overall. 

I hope you feel some improvement soon!

clarissa

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 11:00:59 AM »

Thanks for all the helpful comments ladies.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without this forum.   I actually went to the doctors yesterday with my gel and pessaries, the doctor immediately wrote a prescription for 6 months worth of gel and pessaries without turning a hair!  I asked why after a year of trying it was so easy, she said she was a  gynecologist and as part of her training had to do an intense course on HRT therefore was very "up" on it and knew all about gels and pessaries......

This cost £17.00 for 6 months supply and potentially has saved me a fortune if I get on with it.  So it all depends on the doctor you see as this was the 5th doctor I have seen.    I had ran out of my Spanish gel and had to go back on the patchs for a month (awful) this set me back a lot as well, so I have learnt  from this how much better the gel is for me.  Also with the utrogestan I hated the pmt feeling but I have realised it only lasts for a few days and then my body seems to settle with it and I feel okay again. 

:)