Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Replens any one used??  (Read 25328 times)

SEU666

Re: Replens any one used??
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 01:10:03 PM »

Thanks Jeaniewigs, that's what I planned to say...I keep my guns in reserve generally unless I really need them...lol.

Mainly want to know what I'm entitled to try and know what I'm talking about too.
He didn't argue when I wanted to try the patches initially, back in September 2017, probably wanted shot of me ASAP, ha ha, as I burst into tears!
But I did my homework, read a lot on here, and knew the patches were best due to my Migraines with COC before.
No migraine problems with either of the POPs a couple of years ago (yes, other issues) and none with the levonorgestrel Noriday pill or the Mirena.

This forum is great, lots of advice from everyone and as the dreaded menopause effects everyone so differently, it's excellent to read about how others have coped

x S

Tinkerbell

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »

I use Estrogel, three pumps a day but use Vagifem as well.
One youngish female gp said I didn't need Vagifem and Systemic HRT for VA it was one or the other!
So I went to see a male GP who is a similar age to me who said he was happy to prescribe both if that was what I needed...any HRT review in future I am going to make sure I book it with him.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »

I'm afraid we do have to ‘handle' doctors carefully - so often their egos and dogmatic approach can give problems - so we need go to an appointment prepared with a gentle yet determined approach - it's so easy to put their backs up and end up being ‘stone walled'.
I often start my questions with;
“Would it possible?'”
“Is it worth considering?”
“My research has revealed XY or Z what are your thoughts on this?”
“As I'm still struggling with X or Y is it worth trying Z?”
This is why I like to go in with things written down and factual evidence printed out.
Essentially, when we feel at our most vulnerable and fragile we have to be  calm, strong and tenacious and make the doctor feel they are brilliant.  DG x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]