Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Started HRT journey  (Read 1369 times)

ElkWarning

Started HRT journey
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:18:55 PM »

Well, thank you, ladies.  I lurked for ages, and only said a couple of things.  What I read here really encouraged me to strike out towards self care (as opposed to self loathing). 

Estradot 37.5
Mirena coil in situ already
49 - see above for Mirena and knowing where I am meno-wise

I don't really know what I'm expecting.  Flatter moods would be nice.  An escape from the crushing exhaustion.  The incredible pain I have in my achilles and calves being manageable.  A bit of my old bounce, really.

But I've used this space as a resource, and there's so much information here, so I just wanted to say thank you, as I strike out on this journey.

Daisydot

Re: Started HRT journey
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 09:42:08 PM »

Good luck ElkWarning sounds like your pretty much on the ball so keep posting and asking questions when needed.xx

paisley

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 10:24:34 PM »

Good luck & give your body time to stabilize on the HRT
Xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »

Wishing you good luck.

Lanzalover x

Franni1

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »

Hi - i was interested in your later starting of HRT my experience is I too have just started the HRT ( elleste solo) .
I'm 57 ( Moreno cool fitted 2016 for heavy periods - fibroids) initially I was started on citalopram for anxiety and paranoia . Having read and listened to other people's experience i asked GP for HRT instead .... I'm currently on week 10. So far all ok ,sleeping better , less flushes  except I'm now experiencing lower abdominal discomfort - as you can imagine I'm worrying about this . I'm due to go for GP for assessment of HRT so will discuss this . I'm appreciative of websites like this ( discovered though the Liz earle well being podcasts which also  talks a lot about menopause issues) several of my friends my age appeared to have sailed through menopause or just don't talk about it . So I'm glad of the opportunity to read and realise I'm not alone . ( not that I wish this on anyone !) all the best and hope all goes well for you