Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Change in eating habits  (Read 3143 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Change in eating habits
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »

Yes I am CLKD
AND...I've eat a chicken dinner tonight, small, but still eat it...lol
The thing I've discovered is that if I have something small, say a small bowl
cornflakes, or crunchy nut, or Museli, I sleep better!
Good ent it... ? Lol

Jd x

dulciana

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »

I eat far less potatoes with my evening meal than I used to and sometimes none at all.  I just don't particularly want them. Oven chips can make me feel blown up so we don't have them very often.  White wine can make me feel very full up, probably because of the sugar content.  On the flip side, I can't resist mint chocolates and as I write, there's an open box of them only inches away from me..... ::)

Lisa1966

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »

I've gone off loads of things since I was ill last year,to be honest I mostly live on cereal,I know it's not good but I just don't fancy anything

Lisa xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 09:14:08 PM »

Over the weekend, I just haven't fancied much, so in Tesco I found a tub
of ready to eat cocktail sausages, now, years ago I stopped buying sausages when
I found out what went into them, and I only cook them very occasionally for other family
members, but I really fancied these cocktail ones, and have been munching on them all over
the weekend until they were all gone. The whole tub!!!
But my god, today, have I got bloat or what? And I don't smell too good either.!!  :'(
(Horrible I know, I'm sorry.) lol  ::)
I will NEVER eat them ever again.!!!
What possessed me I'll never know, but never again....lol  ???

Jd x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 09:54:06 PM »

What happened to a little of what we fancy?

Lisa - have you had your sense of taste/smell tested as this is the route to enjoyment of food?  Also if people are low in some minerals, zinc springs to mind but don't quote me, taste alters.  I remember someone undergoing chemo telling me that medication was causing her taste buds to alter and as I said, I go 'off' stuff because it tastes 'off'  :-\.

I love potatoes in any form  ::) but went off hard cheeses a year ago.  Am now 'on' goat cheese which surprisingly doesn't smell nor taste particularly strong and it spreads beautifully on crackers ;-).

Also I try not to shop when hungry or anything and everything either gets into the trolley or I am so desperate to get home to eat that I buy zilch  :D

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »

Absolutely changed, I've eaten pretty healthy most of my life ramped it up a few years ago to cutting out most processed foods, any kind of artificial sweeteners & don't eat much meat. Still put on a good few kgs since peri hit, so it's been nigh on impossible to loose the weight. I've recently gone right off breakfast, coffee only, which is not me at all & maybe a veg juice for lunch. Down to one meal a day with the OH in the evening. I've just got no real interested in food anymore, which anyone that knows me will no is not me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 12:51:49 PM »

1 meal a day isn't enough!

This weather upsets me wholly - .......... heat burns off energy which I can't replace = nausea all the while.  Nuts.  Dried fruits. Pancakes .... nowt is touching the need for energy  :'( I had to get out of bed Friday early morning because I felt so ill, two rounds of toast helped.

Dorothy

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 06:21:52 PM »

I  used to eat regular meals and really suffered if I missed one.  Now I either hardly eat at all or have days when I can't stop eating!  Still have a cycle of some sorts though, so I think it is probably related to that as I used to get ravenous in the 24 hours before my period.  It's just that the 'ravenous' isn't limited to 24 hours now and can hit at any time!
Pages: 1 [2]