Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is 1mg of oestregen too low?  (Read 1550 times)

KSB

Is 1mg of oestregen too low?
« on: June 27, 2018, 03:24:06 PM »

After a really flat week (which if it is going to come it always comes the week I'm on a bleed) I'm wondering if 1mg should be upped to 2mg. So scared of the breast cancer risk which the girls at my work are always going on about!! Stuck between a rock and a hard place. But the low mood is frightening and lasting a week to 10 days is too much for me!!!!!!

Daisydot

Re: Is 1mg of oestregen too low?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »

Print off the new guidelines pin on fridge door and tell them to keep their opinions to themselves.and do what stellajane says lol good luck xx

KSB

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »

Thankyou. I am really just wondering if 1mg is enough to do anything!!!!! Seems low!!! X

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »

It depends .  Initially I was put on 1mg elleste solo then had to move up to 2mg.  2mg is the maximum dose advised for elleste solo, don't confuse it with patches/gel, as it is all different.  If you're still having symptoms it might be worth you increasing your dose or moving over to gel or patch x

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »

Everyone is different I have been on under 1mg for yrs and have no symptoms at all, it can be more than enough.

KSB

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »

Thankyou I will make an appointment at the clinic. Glad to know I have your support this forum is such a comfort on the dark days xx

Emerald2017

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 05:36:53 AM »

It depends on your age and your symptoms. If you are under 45 maybe you need higher doses. If you are symptoms free I think that you can stay on 1mg.
 We have to find the appropriate dose for each of us, we are different and our body acts different.
When I say that I will stay on hrt the longer I can, my friends look at me with despair! 💐