Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Now gp has taken oestrogen off me’  (Read 2896 times)

Maryjane

Re: Now gp has taken oestrogen off me’
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 01:41:16 PM »

So appalled by this 👹👹👹

Dr Louise Newson says , too make a women stop HRT dead can cause a stroke / heart attack within the first year .

Perhaps research this ? I would be reporting them to as high up as possible and beyond .

Who do they think they are , these “ guidelines “ quite frankly are as useful as a chocolate T-pot ( it was in the mail about it couple of days ago ) because I know ladies with a certain healrh condtion seen by a Professor , and still GPs refuse to prescribe , what's the point of having Professors/ consultants etc if the GPs are the “ gate keepers “.

And people wonder why so many a) have to go private and b) but off the internet c) fly abroad on a cheap flight and self medicate.

It all takes so much energy .

If my HRT was withdrawn from me for ever , well that's me off a bridge the my VA problems.

However luckily for me , my daughters would always pay , but that really is not the point .

Spitting feathers for you .

I know a lady in my VA group , who has been given a “ few days “ of vagifem for her VA , that's it . 😳😳😳

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »

Secondly the only advice Dr Currie has ever given me 're uncooperative GPS is to change your gp.Thats alright in theory but it doesent address the problem does it.We like to bleat on here about bucking the system to help other ladies but if we continually move on how's that helping anyone.. from Daisydot in her thread .......... stuffed then aren't we!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »

I'm spitting bricks.

Although I would not expect a GP to 'tell' another what to do, I would expect a supportive GP to offer to provide a prescription to see me over.  Maybe have a look-see at the Surgery web-site to see if there is a GP with interest in womens' problems, they will have taken extra qualifications - mine certainly has.  Or is there a Practice Nurse?

If a GP won't prescribe then I would expect the Consultant who recommends treatment to write the script!!  What's to stop follow-up appts. as necessary with a supportive Consultant in order to get the treatment that they suggest?  As a Consultant I would be pretty peed off if a GP wouldn't, having asked for advice, do what is suggested.  They forget sometimes that they are 'only' [not a word I use often], GPs  :bang: :bang: :bang:  Surgely after all these years, those that go into GP Practice don't have a chip on their shoulder about not being clever or interesting enough to become Consultants?  [I've met a few of those too  :-X ]
Pages: 1 [2]