Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Going downhill  (Read 1662 times)

Rosepetal73

Going downhill
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »

Hi everyone.  My symptoms have reached the stage where I want to be in contact with women who have some understanding of this roller coaster ride.  I don't have a very good history with all things hormonal,  I have suffered with terrible PMS and post natal depression (which ended up in a breakdown).  At the age of 40 I became aware of a slight shift in my cycle and for the past few years things have began to get much worse.  The lack of tolerance (particularly sensitivity to noise), metal fog and poor memory, zero libido, tiredness and sometimes complete and utter black despair are the worst.  At my lowest I can't bear to be with others and I question whether my marriage will survive.  I am often anxious, fearful and suffer a lack of confidence and the hot flushes and night sweats haven't even started yet.  I also spend much more time at home now which makes me feel more isolated

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Going downhill
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »

Hi rose petal 73
Welcome to Mandm.   :welcomemm:
Please don't despair, someone will be on to answer all your questions ASAP.(who have got more experience than me)
You probably need some kind of hrt, as your periods are changing.
You just need a little help.
There's always someone on here to offer help, so ask away, vent off if you want, we've all done it.
Stay tuned, someone will be on soon.
Hope you start to feel better soon....

Jd x
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:24:14 PM by jillydoll »

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 05:45:49 PM »

Hello Rosepetal73 and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure one of our expert ladies will be along soon but I wanted to join jillydoll in welcoming you and reassuring you that you are not alone, this time of life is certainly a  rollercoaster ride for some of us.

The wonderful ladies on this site have helped me enormously on my journey and I know that you will be well looked after here.

Take care.

K.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »

Hello and so sorry to hear how you're feeling.  sadly I'm the same I had a breakdown 5 years ago after a year of going downhill and severe insomnia. my sleep is still horrendous and for 5 years I've survived off 4 hours sleep nightly..I prefer to be on my own everyday is very bleak and I really just exist ..like you I worry my relationship will crumble aa I'm not the person I was..I'm grumpy anxious all the time tearful no libido volatile and very negative..I won't start hrt as my periods albeit more frequent and heavier as still happening and I've tried so many pills potions and therapy over the last 5 years I am just in despair anything will help..
Sorry I'm no help but I just wanted to say you're not alone and we're members of a club no one wants to join..sending you love  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »

How are your periods?
Have you been advised to eat little and often which can relief PMS - The National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome gave me that advice in the 1990s - have a look-see at their web-site.
"The Change" does what it says on the tin  >:( so browse round.  Make notes.
Read the green treatment section above.

Print off 'advice for husbands' and hand over ;-)
We are allowed to be alone.  Rest.  My fav places: in our garden or in my bubble bath with Very Good Book and a cuppa. 

Ask your husband how he feels, DO NOT assume that he perceives your problems in the same way that you do. 

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »

Yep, I've had all our syptoms except intolerace to noise (OH has that as I have some loss of hearing!). Hot flushes started a couple of years later and really are the least of my concerns. Are you on HRT? If you're not please consider it, it has made a massive difference to m life.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »

We have a thread on 'noise' here somewhere .........