Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Which menopause symptoms will pass?  (Read 14662 times)

alibeau

Re: Which menopause symptoms will pass?
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »

Thank you Kathleen! I'll keep you posted!

Ali x

Wilks

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »

Some really interesting comments on this thread. A lot more research is needed I reckon, to really understand the menopause and why we all have such different experiences.

clarissa

• First Flush
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »

Hi everyone,  I'm lucky enough to have three older sisters that I have compared notes with.  They are aged 53, 55 and 56.  None have them have taken HRT and they all have smoked for over 40 years.  They aren't doing badly although one still has a permanent fan on her desk for hot flushes and complains of tiredness.  Although she does work full time and has 2 autistic grandsons part-time. Still slim.  No periods for years.

The other sailed through the menopause without  a glitch, she has become a little (dumpy) though always been very laid-back even with 4 teenage children (yes 4 teenagers!) still living at home and my 85 year old mum there too.  She is a single parent.   No periods for few years.  Said she was too busy to have menopause symptoms.

The 53 year old had a horrible time with terrible mood swings and (flooding) awful.  It all eased off though and she thought she was over it till the dreaded flushes came back and with it the insomnia.  However during all these she managed to start her own business and adopt her grandchildren and start another part-time job (she has a supportive partner I call him her wife.....) 

They all seem to be coping (and looking very well) still have good skin and hair, and all still working away.

Mum has bad osteoporosis (still smoking) had a hysterectomy aged 36, has never taken anything and has very good skin.

I still feel  bad on HRT although I was a lot worse without it!  My worst symptoms were awful anxiety and depression.  I am much healthier than my sisters I don't smoke and eat extremely healthy and never touch alcohol or sugar. Someone said living so clean means that you "feel" everything, there is nothing to numb you.  My GP recommended HRT also as there was osteoporosis in the family and it would safeguard me.
 I've always had bad PMS they never had it so I wonder if that is a factor? 

I would say go easy on yourself whatever your age, we're allowed to have a bad day and feel low and tired sometimes.  I now allow myself sofa days if that's what my body needs.  I make sure I

Kathleen

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2018, 11:15:26 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Clarissa - welcome to the forum and thank you for an interesting post.

I am post meno and still trying to find the right HRT and my main symptoms are the emotional ones, namely irritability, anxiety, low mood etc. Like you I eat well and don't smoke or drink but know other women who have very unhealthy lifestyles but seem to be doing better than me. Perhaps instead of using hormones they are self medicating with cigarettes and alcohol but they seem to be coping and having a life while I am still struggling so I envy them really!

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]