Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello :-)  (Read 2010 times)

geminizb

Hello :-)
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »

Hello

I'm new to all this so just wanted to say Hi before I have a good look around.
So I'm 41 and just started HRT - Sandrena gel and I have the mirena coil so no need for Progesterone yet.
My symptoms are hot flashes, insomnia, low mood - I could either cry or rip someones head off !  ;D I'm just exhausted and so down it's unreal.
I'm a full time working single mum of two kids ages 8 & 10 and I just don't have time for this !!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated whilst I find my way around.
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »

:welcomemm:

Browse round.  Make notes!

geminizb

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 03:10:47 PM »

Thanks CLKD I will do  :)
I don't want to ask any questions that you've all answered a million times before x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:22:28 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm Gemini ZB
I had an early menopause - you need the hrt if your oestrogen levels are low as it will protect your heart and bones for the long term.
The Mirena with oestrogen gel is a very good hrt combo - how long has this Mirena been in place? For HRT purposes it must be replaced every 4 years and if it suits you then I would stick with this combination as it often brings the least side effects in comparison to other forms of HRT. The oestrogen should get your life back on track but it can take a few weeks to work it's magic.
You may want to try Oestrogel or oestrogen patches as alternatives to the Sandrena - but Sandrena is good and you should give it at least 3 months before considering any alternatives.
Keep posting. DG x

geminizb

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »

Thanks for the info

Apparently there is a supply issue with Oestrogel pump - I called 15 pharmacies in the town I live in and they all said the same thing so my GP did another script for Sandrena. Is this going to cause me a problem?
I've had the mirena in for 2 years and 4 months. My GP did mention 4 years so would they replace the mirena early ?

As for the patches - I gave up smoking 6 months ago and used nicotine patches - my hot flushes made me sweat so much that the patches came unstuck  ::)

GP wants to see me monthly for 3 months to make sure I'm OK.

I've been putting the gel on at night before bed - is that right? I'm not sleeping well - would the oestrogen make this worse?

TIA xx

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »

Hi geminizb and welcome to the forum.I would say the majority of us here have found it better to put our gel on in the morning as I know in my case it made me feel energised at night and upset my sleep pattern,hope this helps and don't be shy keep posting and asking questions that's what we're all here for and their a great bunch xx

geminizb

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »

Thanks - I will swap to morning for the gel
Hopefully that might help me sleep
Zx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »

Sandrena is fine to use but as and when Oestrogel is available again I think it is slightly easier to use. Applying morning or evening is fine - just allow it to dry really well before covering with clothing and don't have skin to skin contact with anyone for at least an hour after application

Great that you have been able to give up smoking - this is essential as smoking can effect the absorption of oestrogen so could reduce the benefits. The oestrogen should help improve sleep.
Just have the Mirena changed When it's been in place 4 years.
You should start to feel the benefits of the oestrogen within 4-6 weeks. 
DG x