Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 2714 times)

Infinity9

Hi Everyone
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:37:21 PM »

Hi everyone. A lovely friend gave me the link to your forum so I eventually signed up to join in.

I'm 52 years old and I'm in the Perimenopause. It really is getting me down, confusing me and making me desperate to stop the anxiety that comes with it. I know my posts will mirror many ladies here and will sound repetitive but with things like this, we need support from others who know exactly how we feel.

Thank you for accepting me. I've had a little look round already but I want to read some more threads and information now I'm a member. Good luck to everyone going through this and I hope to chat among you xx.

Hurdity

Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:10:46 PM »

Hi Infinity9

:welcomemm:

You've come to the right place for help support and chat amongst women who are going or have been through the same experiences!

Don't let it get you down - there is no need to suffer! To help us understand quite where you are in menopause and so that we can help perhaps you can tell us what your periods have been doing over the past couple of years - have your cycles been getting longer - longer gaps between periods, blood flow heavier/lighter etc? Depending on your answers we can recommend things to help depending on your health and what you would like to do, or whether you can cope at the moment?

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 08:51:48 PM »

Have a read of the 'treatment' section above.  Make notes!

Anxiety takes over my Life and I simply can't function.  Fortunately appropriate medication has helped a lot.  With a loving husband and supportive GP ...... who also recognised my menopause vaginal dryness.  Again, appropriate treatment advised ;-)

Infinity9

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:32:51 PM »

Hi Infinity9

You've come to the right place for help support and chat amongst women who are going or have been through the same experiences!

Don't let it get you down - there is no need to suffer! To help us understand quite where you are in menopause and so that we can help perhaps you can tell us what your periods have been doing over the past couple of years - have your cycles been getting longer - longer gaps between periods, blood flow heavier/lighter etc? Depending on your answers we can recommend things to help depending on your health and what you would like to do, or whether you can cope at the moment?

Hurdity x

Hi again Hurdity.

I've never had periods that have a set pattern for years at a time. Sometimes I could go more than 3/4 weeks before a period. Over the last few years, they've been spaced out, as a rule, but then sometimes I'll get a few that aren't that far apart. I've always bled heavily but in about 2012, they got even heavier and made me Anaemic at one point. That is why I had the Mirena Coil fitted. I've always bled to a degree on the coil but I've not had to use a tampon once and considering that I sometimes tried to use 3 super plus with pads, that is a drastic difference. I have also had periods that can last for a few weeks sometimes and I've needed tablets from the doctors to slow it down so it's tricky to know to be honest as I can't time them. I never had short periods.

Last year though, there was a definite difference in that I would go for months without anything. The symptoms I'd get before a period stopped several years but they came back this year and I recognised them as that. I hope this all helps? xx.

Infinity9

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »

Have a read of the 'treatment' section above.  Make notes!

Anxiety takes over my Life and I simply can't function.  Fortunately appropriate medication has helped a lot.  With a loving husband and supportive GP ...... who also recognised my menopause vaginal dryness.  Again, appropriate treatment advised ;-)

Thank you CLKD. I have had the vaginal dryness and that is why one of our doctors put me on Vagifem pessaries. You don't think that it would be so troublesome but along with the itching, it drove me mad.

Anxiety is horrendous and really can take over your life. A few years ago, I found out I couldn't drink caffeinated drinks but not before suffering several anxiety attacks. The name doesn't do them justice really. I'm so fortunate to also have an amazing husband. He's helped me a lot. Thanks again for the information CKLD xx.

Lisa1966

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »

Hi Infinity9 and welcome,I too suffer with anxiety and depression, you have come to the right place,the lovely ladies on the forum have been a great support to me.we are all here to support each other.

Lisa xx

Karenmconnor

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »

Hi this is my first time for posting and I'm not even sure where to start   :'( I'm 56 and haven't had a period for five years now.  I started on a low dosage hurt that was gradually increased due to the anxiety I was experiencing. After a few different attempts at hrt and then hrt alongside antidepressants but eventually I stopped taking the hrt and just take sertraline to offset the anxiety.
Problem is I'm not sure that's completely working for the anxiety but I am having horrendous night sweats and flushes during the day.  I have zilch libido (poor husban) and my bones ache.  Anybody else flipped between both hrt and antidepressants and if so, is it worse returning to hrt?
Any advice welcome girls.  I get the sense from reading posts here that I'm not on my own so that is very reassuring. Thanks for reading

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 09:51:10 PM »

Hi Karenmconner.
First of all welcome to the forum.
I'm no expert, and I'm sure someone will post with more experience than me.
It seems to me your night sweats and flushes are down to low estrogen.
and the anxiety too. Can you tell us why you stopped the hrt?
You have to keep taking the hrt for 3-6months before you can tell if it's the one for you.
Regardless of the side effects, unless they're really to bad to handle. Then you should change
to another and see, it's trial n error until you find one that works for you.
I too suffer anxiety, and I take Femoston conti ultra low dose, and once my levels were
back up, my anxiety has almost gone, something I can handle, unfortunately, I took
sertraline years ago and had a bad reaction to it. Also maybe the aches your suffering are
from low estrogen too.
Maybe you need to start back on the hrt for the months said, then look at reducing the sertraline.
I don't know. But I'd certainly go back onto the hrt if I was you.

Let us know what you decide, hope you feel better soon.

Jd x

Infinity9

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:27:13 PM »

Hi Infinity9 and welcome,I too suffer with anxiety and depression, you have come to the right place,the lovely ladies on the forum have been a great support to me.we are all here to support each other.

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa, thank you for the welcome. It's a very friendly site here full of lots of good advice and support when we need it xx  :-*

Lanzalover

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:33 AM »

Hi Karenmconnor

You have been given good advice from Jillydot.

Which HRT did you try ?

Lanzalover