Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste Solo  (Read 1112 times)

Daisy3

• First Flush
Elleste Solo
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:09:16 PM »

Hi, I'm a newbie!
I would appreciate advice about Elleste Solo. I first began taking it two & a half months ago. The first 2 months I felt better, sleeping better, moods better but just into the 3rd month my symptoms came flooding back. Very emotional, anxious, breast pain. I'm hoping to get an appointment with the GP soon but should I stop taking them? I have a marina coil too.
Any comments would be great!  😊
Daisy3

Dancinggirl

Re: Elleste Solo
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Have you had a hysterectomy?  If you have, then you only need oestrogen and not combined HRT with both oestrogen and progesterone. If you started the Elleste soon after you hysterectomy then you may be needing a higher dose of oestrogen by now. If you still had your ovaries and they have now started to fail, then it could be that you are now deeper into menopause so needing a higher dose of oestrogen. 
How old are you?  You may do better with transdermal oestrogen e.g. Oestrogel or oestrogen patches, as these can often absorb better.  I'm afraid the menopause can really ‘mess with our heads' and HRT alone is often not enough. 
Getting all lifestyle issues in order - so a good diet and exercise regime and practise relaxation techniques regularly - are essential at this time in our lives. 
If you did have a hysterectomy fairly recently, then you are recovering from surgery and this can have a great effect on your body - so be kind to yourself.
Breast pain with any hormone treatment is common and should settle in time as the body adjusts and settles. 
I would ask to try Estrodot patches and go for a medium dose(50mcg) and see if this improves things.
Here is the link to the oestrogen options under the TREATMENTS section on this site: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

DG x

Daisy3

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »

Thanks dancing girl!
I haven't had a hysterectomy. I'm 53 & have a mirena coil so my progesterone is sorted!
I hope it's maybe a settling in period or as you suggest I should try patches.
I just hate the anxiety & feeling so antisocial.
On the plus side my flushing has stopped! 🤸🤣 X

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 03:18:57 PM »

Hi  perhaps you need a higher dose.  Are you on the 1mg?

Daisy3

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »

Yes Dotty!
I'm hoping that's the answer.
Having the mirena makes it difficult to assess what stage of menopause I'm at. I've had the coil for so many years ( this is my 4th!) so not had any periods for years.
I'm hoping to see my GP early next week  & I'll report back.
Thanks for your help.
Daisy3 😘

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »

Try 2mg elleste solo, if you don't feel any better try oestrogel where you can tweak your dose very easily for symptom relief x