Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: My sore tongue  (Read 2566 times)

Daisydot

My sore tongue
« on: May 29, 2018, 07:33:53 AM »

Morning ladies well after three weeks now just thought I'd share the sore tongue saga and remedy.
I know now I cut it in the plastic tube of vitamin d as I nearly did the same thing again,I tapped it on tongue to get the last dregs out so don't do that if you get those meds it was razor sharp when I checked it last week so to me a stupid delivery process as it's a natural thing to tap something to make sure you got the full dose.
Anyway after spending around £40 on various remedies like corsodyl ,gengigel,daktarin and bonjela and boy did I suffer my tongue and whole mouth were also on fire and I couldn't even enjoy a cuppa let alone food.
You'll never believe what finally started healing it literally overnight,a one pound tub of bicarbonate of soda I had in the cupboard.I was looking for something else when I spotted it so I made a mouth wash with some lukewarm water and cleaned my mouth out then mixed a paste and coated the tongue wound with it,I rinsed off after half an hour then again used the mouth wash mix before bed,I can't believe the difference after 2 nights of doing this.i reckon another two nights will completely heal.fingers crossed.
I'm also starting on b12 patches tonight it's one patch a week and recommended for sore burning mouth/tongue so I'll keep you updated.X

Joaniepat

Re: My sore tongue
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »

That's brilliant Daisydot! And an old-fashioned remedy too. The old-uns are the best (in more ways than one!), hope the improvement continues.
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 01:58:42 PM »

My Paternal Gran swore by bicarb of soda particularly for coating burns.

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:38:27 AM »

Tongue is still trying to heal doesn't look so raw this morning.the b12 patches are another story.ive been up since 5am with the worst gripe pains then horrendous diahorea so I've wipped it back off,I did a bit of googling and found it said it can cause diahorrea as one of side effects so I definately don't recommend,I really had to search that info out as no one mentioned it on the reviews.
It's made me feel a bit yuk this morning so it'll be a very quiet day for me today.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:28:43 AM »

Morning daisydot,
Glad to hear your tongue is a little better,
Bicarbonate of soda is great ent it.
I use it sometimes to whiten my teeth. Then brush normal after.
Great stuff, pity you didn't find out before you spent £40 ...  :-\

Hope it clears up soon, it's driving me mad thinking about it....lol.  ;D

Jd x

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »

Ty me too Jd  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 06:26:45 AM »

Almost gone now ladies thank goodness I won't be doing that again lol.x

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 07:07:11 AM »

That's great Daisydot, you seem to have had it for a long time. Was it oral thrush?
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 07:17:41 AM »

Hi Jp it was 4 circles I'd cut on front of tongue with that bloody vit d plastic container,I'd snapped it open and squeezed onto tongue then decided to tap it on tongue to make sure it was all out and it must have been sharp.I then got a bad attack of oral thrush on top so I decided to treat that as it could have been what was stopping my tongue healing.its much better now still not quite healed but at least I can eat and drink properly again that was 4 weeks of pain.Ive got b complex vitamins coming today as I've a feeling I'm low in b12 too.thank you for asking xx