Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should I change my dose of HRT?  (Read 595 times)

Littlevicdon

• First Flush
Should I change my dose of HRT?
« on: May 26, 2018, 07:31:51 PM »

I started taking Femoston 1/10 as my energy levels were horrendous, as I am a distance runner and I was really struggling. Basically I found my energy levels great at first + I experienced other benefits from taking HRT! 2 packs later I feel I am back to square one with my energy levels and I feel like I have a "cloud" over my head again.  Basically I have 7 days left on this pack and wondered if it would be worth changing to the next dose up of Femoston 2/10 at the start of my new pack as I cannot go on running with the energy levels I am experiencing at the moment which is very frustrating.

Tempest

Re: Should I change my dose of HRT?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:57:23 PM »

Hi! Just wanted to say that exercise burns up estrogen faster (so does stress and periods of illness) - so if you are exercising intensively, you will most certainly require more to feel good and maintain energy to keep up your regime. If for any reason you drop your exercise level, you may then find you might feel a bit of excess (but not nescessarily)! It's a balancing act, for sure!

Hope this helps! xxxx

Littlevicdon

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 09:38:08 PM »

Thank you Tempest - that does make sense. I have a 100k event that I am running in July for Cancer Research so it may be worth changing my dose until at least that is over.

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

That's wonderful, Littlevicdon!  :)

If you feel ok on the higher dose, you should be goid to stick at that level as you're such an active lady.

You will keep us posted how the training is going, and the race too? I'm sure everyone here will be cheering you on. Good luck! xxxx