Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post Meno bleeding again!  (Read 862 times)

Mojo61

Post Meno bleeding again!
« on: May 28, 2018, 06:54:50 PM »

Had some post meno bleeding back in 2016. Went for a scan and a biopsy and all was normal. Bleeding eventually stopped. Polyp on cervix removed, that came back normal too.

Started again about 3 weeks ago, back to the hospital, more scans (transvaginal) and another polyp removed from cervix. Consultant said all looked absolutely fine on the scan, some fibroids but lining was not thickened like it was last time. I don't think he took an endometrial biopsy although the polyp was sent off to histology. That was almost 2 weeks ago now and I haven't heard back. However, the bleeding continues along with bad period pain like cramps and low backache. What could it be?

I've been on HRT for 2 years now, continuous, I'm about 6 years post meno. As far as the doctors are concerned that's it, no further investigations needed. 

Feeling worried 😢

Hurdity

Re: Post Meno bleeding again!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »

Hi Mojo61

It is good to be referred for abnormal bleeding and to have all the usual investigations but as you are on continuous combined HRT then this is much less of a worry. Some women just don't ever achieve the right balance (or oestrogen and progesterone) on continuous combined HRT and always get breakthrough bleeding or spotting, and as you say you do have fibroids which could be causing this bleeding or spotting. It is normal for a biopsy to take 2-3 weeks for the results to come through - this happened with me too (2-3 week wait).

If you are given the all clear then perhaps you might benefit either from a cyclical HRT ( which gives a predictable withdrawal bleed), or a different brand - perhaps one with more progestogen in it to prevent the breakthrough bleeding?

Try not to worry - but I know this is easier said than done, and let us know when the results come through!

Hurdity x :)

Mojo61

Re: Post Meno bleeding again!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »

Thank you so much for your swift reply Hurdity. That makes sense to me, I wish the doctor had explained that instead of just saying all fine, I'll write to your GP, goodbye.

I will let you know when I get the results x