Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tiredness and Hair Loss  (Read 1317 times)

Rosie63

Tiredness and Hair Loss
« on: May 25, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »

Hi ladies

Could anyone tell me please if constant and utter tiredness could be due to low estrogen? I've also started shedding an awful lot of hair which is really distressing. I've recently changed from 3 pumps of Estrogel to 1/5 Femoston, although my gynae has agreed that I can try 2/10 Femoston.

Thank you for your continued support.

Rosie63 x

Salad

Re: Tiredness and Hair Loss
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 06:09:38 PM »

Tiredness and hairloss are common in Vitamin D deficiency - maybe asked to be checked?  :)

bloomsbury

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:55:11 PM »

Iron deficiency also causes tiredness and hair loss...does the tiredness and hair loss coincide with the change from gel to tablet?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:01:16 PM »

Hi Rosie,63.
I think it has got something to do with low estrogen.
I had terrible fatigue when I waiting for my hrt to kick in, and also my
hair on the left side has gone thinner then the right side.
The fatigue has gone now, but my hair is still the same, in fact I have it permed
to try and cover it up, as when it's straight it really stands out.
I'm no expert though but maybe someone knowledgeable will post.
But Salad is right too, maybe go and get your viti D checked.

Keep us posted, hope you feel better soon.

Jd x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »

Crashing fatigue  >:(

Also low VitD levels can cause intense tiredness, it happened to me in August/Sept..  I had to sit for 2 hours after 20 mins. weeding in our garden see eventually had some blood tests done.  Capsules eased symptoms.

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 07:41:02 PM »

Hi Rosie have your thyroid and vitamin d checked.Im an ex hairdresser and stress can also play a big part in hair loss so if your feeling low try and get out into the sun more and treat your hair by massaging some warm organic coconut oil through it pop a towel on leave it for ten mins then rinse off it'll do your hair/scalp the world of good.
Good luck xx

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »

Thanks for your replies ladies.  As always, so,e great advice.  I've had some blood tests this week so just waiting for the results. They are testing for anaemia, thyroid, oestrogen absorption and something else which I can't remember right now (senior moment!)  ::)

Bloomsbury - yes the extreme tiredness has come about since I swapped from Estrogel to Femoston.  The Estrogel managed my meno symptoms quite well but it was causing a lot of stomach discomfort to decided to try something else. 

Daisydot - I will try the coconut oil too.  Maybe I could find someone to massage my scalp too 😊

Thank you again.

Rosie x