Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oral estrogen - safety?  (Read 793 times)

thecat1227

Oral estrogen - safety?
« on: May 25, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »

I just stumbled upon this article and was surprised to see that some even recommend oral estrogen:

http://worldlinkmedical.com/transdermal-vs-oral-e2-estradiol/

I have been on Femoston 2/10 lately and doing really well on it. However, I have been telling myself I'd have to go off it soon as oral estrogen is not safe, and that I'd better ask for patches or a cream...but now, I feel like I can stay on Femoston.

Has anyone else found oral estrogen to work really well and therefore is less worried about the alleged risks? This article seems to say that those were the risks associated with pregnant mare urine and not pills containing bio identical estrogen...?

Dancinggirl

Re: Oral estrogen - safety?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:49:56 AM »

thecat1227

There is so much bandied about regarding HRT - pros and cons, bio identical versus synthetic etc. and all studies are nearly always flawed in some way because they are often looking for specific things. 

Transdermal isn't good for everyone for a variety of reasons. Popping a pill is always going to be easier if it suits you but there are many that believe that anything going the through the liver is a negative and of course some women find the pills upset the stomach or cause more headaches.

We are all different - as we keep saying on this forum - so what works well for one women won't for another. There are many who are big fans of Utrogestan (bio identical progesterone) yet this caused me more problems than any other progesterone and I am not alone with this experience.

Femoston has bio identical oestrogen so will be as safe as you can get and progesterone is also one of the gentlest, so also good.  IF it works for you, then don't change a thing. Strangely, we have had a rush of women, coming to this forum, who have been on the old equine type HRT and then having trouble because these HRTs have been discontinued and finding they don't get on with the more natural oestrogen!!!!!

Femoston is a good HRT - it suits many women extremely well and this is why I often recommend it as a good one to try from the outset. So many women give up on HRT because they get bad side effects, so by starting with Femoston women may be getting off to a good start.

It good the question things but sometimes it's best to just get on with life. DG x