Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena Gel, dosage to low??  (Read 2952 times)

keancy

Sandrena Gel, dosage to low??
« on: May 24, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »

Hi all

I have been on 1mg Sandrena Gel once a day for the last 3 months and I have been feeling sooooo much better. However in the last few days I have suddenly started getting very anxious again and I don't understand Why?? Is the dosage suddenly to low???

Just to add I am also on vagifem 2 x a week and I have Mirena.

Any suggestions are welcome

Hurdity

Re: Sandrena Gel, dosage to low??
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:47:20 AM »

Hi keancy - your posts got missed unfortunately -  have been away and only just seen it. Sometimes posts drop off the page very quickly while regular posters are out and busy.

re anxiety -there are other reasons for this, and sometimes HRT is not the only solution - can you pinpoint a cause ie something in your life at the moment? Sometimes taking more exercise, getting out, fresh air and sunshine can really help...

However, re your dosage - do you have any idea of where you are in menopause - ie if you were having natural periods before the Mirena what were your cycles like? If you are peri-menopausal then your cycle may well still be going on in the background, although the oestrogen should prevent the very low levels.

Also - I changed from 50-60 mcg patch to Sandrena 1 mg as you are on - and it was insufficient. I have been on oestrogen patches for 11 years so I know what I need. I know comparisons are not exact but to give the standard medium dose of Sandrena would be 1.5 mg. I asked my GP for this when I changed but she suggested I start to reduce due to my age - but my flushes started to come back ( I went back to patches).

So personally the first thing I would do is change the dose and ask to increase to 1.5 mg ie 1.5 sachets for a few weeks and see how this makes you feel? As you have a Mirena your womb lining is protected so very easy to increase oestrogen!

Also how long ago did you change your Mirena?

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

paisley

Re: Sandrena Gel, dosage to low??
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »

If I am stressed or ill it always lowers my HRT & I feel worse for a while. Just a thought