Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding, help please!  (Read 1303 times)

AliH_52

Bleeding, help please!
« on: May 19, 2018, 06:16:39 PM »

Hello, I'm new here and so glad I found this site as very worried now. 
Been on Everol Siqui patches now for the last 6 months.  Hadn't had a period 8 months prior to staring and I'm 52 years old.  Had some spotting from starting the patches, but almost all of my symptoms disappeared, flushes went, slept well but became very anxious & almost paranoid !! Now for the last 2 months I have been bleeding constant, with awful period pains and it only trails off for a couple of days then starts heavy again.  It's difficult to see my GP as can never get an appointment.  Was so down today, I just took off my 4th osteogen patch as just can't cope!  I'm scared what Will happen now I've just stopped?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding, help please!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »

HORMONES!  What does it say on the leaflet in the box?

Does your Surgery have a Practice Nurse?  I can't understand not being able to get an appt.  :-\.  When I need I go into the waiting rom and wait. 

Your GP should be able to give something to stop heavy bleeding.  Is the pain bad enough to take medication?

Someone will be along, or put the product name into the 'search' box to see what pops up.  Browse round!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM AliH

Sometimes there is an issue with absorption with patches and it sounds as though you womb Ling has built up too much.
Pop to the GP as it would probably be wise to have a scan.
You could do better wth a Mirena fitted and then have oestrogen as gel or patch alongside as this controls any bleeding really well and often results in no bleeding at all.
It's fine to stop using your current patches by you do need to get things checked. DG x

AliH_52

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 06:43:36 AM »

Thank you.  I spoke to the practice nurse on Friday and she said just carry on until I get back from holiday next Saturday & then make appointment to see doc.  I'm in Spain until then feeling awful! 
I can't stand this, but I also don't want to go back to how I was pre patches. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »

Make the appt. now so that you have a slot to go home to?  Send an e-mail to the Surgery, probably easier to see the Nurse who can call in the Doctor if necessary.

Let us know how you get on!

Peony

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 03:56:37 PM »

Hello, I'm new here and so glad I found this site as very worried now. 
Been on Everol Siqui patches now for the last 6 months.  Hadn't had a period 8 months prior to staring and I'm 52 years old.  Had some spotting from starting the patches, but almost all of my symptoms disappeared, flushes went, slept well but became very anxious & almost paranoid !! Now for the last 2 months I have been bleeding constant, with awful period pains and it only trails off for a couple of days then starts heavy again.  It's difficult to see my GP as can never get an appointment.  Was so down today, I just took off my 4th osteogen patch as just can't cope!  I'm scared what Will happen now I've just stopped?
I had the same problem with vaginal utrogestan . Torrential bleeding ended up in hospital and anaemic. That was about 3 months ago. Had Mirena fitted get slight smudges but that's all. Make sure they check your HB. It's amazing how frequently GPs don't think to check for anaemia when someone is bleeding heavily/constantly

Charys

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »

I know nothing about the patches, or HRT, but I do know that tamoxifen has a similar effect in some women and builds up the womb lining to the extent that periods (if you are still menstruating) can be horrific (mine was 500mls lost each period!) and there can be breakthrough bleeding for the post-menopause. It sounds so much like this is what is happening to you, as the ladies above have said...womb lining thickened. You must be more pushy with your surgery and demand to be seen, sadly this is how many have to be with their NHS treatment now...on the ball and pushy.

Sorry, just read the full thread which didn't show at first for some reason....I see that you are away right now, abroad. Yes, make the appointment now. Have you decided if to continue with the HRT meantime ?

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 07:24:16 PM »

Hi AliH_52

:welcomemm:

Just to add that if you had only gone 8 months without a period ancd you didn't get any bleeding initially - it could well be that you are not yet at menopause and your cycle has re-started and your own hormones are kicking in. Prior to the 8 months without a period did you have regular periods or were they tailing off?

Whatever happens, I would definitely have a check over with the doctor after hols as your nurse recommended.

Depending on where you are in the cycle - are you due to start the progestogen part (the Evorel conti part of the patches?) soon? If so it might be better to start these asap rather than stop completely - your womb lining may have built up from the oestrogen only part and the combi patches are needed to thin it and shed it. Can you say which part of the cycle you have heavy bleeding and when does it tail off?

Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of your hol despite the bleeding....

Hurdity x