Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: M&S  (Read 7348 times)

Shadyglade

Re: M&S
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 06:33:43 PM »

John Lewis Partnership Card, Ju Ju. You get points which are turned into vouchers twice a year. I get best part of £100 worth most years.

Ju Ju

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »

Thank you. I shall consider that, though I'm considering Nationwide as they don't charge if you use it overseas. My son lives in the USA, so rather important!

littleminnie

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2018, 08:07:28 AM »

You could still order online at Marks JuJu

Ju Ju

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2018, 06:26:12 PM »

Yep, but I'll have to pay postage, whereas before I was able to have things sent to the local store for free. Plus I like to try things on if possible. I'll have to save up and go to the big store occasionally.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »

Asbestos is a good excuse ........ not  :bang:

JLewis MK changed their lay-out 2/3 years ago, I have been in twice and walked straight out again.  There is no direct route in case of fire, it feels weird and the lighting upsets my sense of balance.

Daisydot

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2018, 08:53:14 PM »

Spot on CLKD it's a bloody awful store every one said it was just me that didn't like it but I thought one day I was going to have kittens I just couldn't see a way out of it and I also find Debenhams mk exactly the same I hate shopping in either of these stores and actually house of Frazier's too as you can't  find the escalator easily to get back downstairs it's hidden behind clothes rails.
I do like the marks store though I love food shopping in it and the staff are lovely in the food hall.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2018, 08:57:39 PM »

The reason given for JL MK was that if someone stole something there is more chance of them being caught as they have to weave between the various counters  :-\.  I haven't been in for several years.  In fact, I buy from catalogues usually. 

I like 'Valeries' ;-).  The Manager is from Brazil ....... his English is improving over the years and he serves Very Nice Cake  ;)

Snoooze

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2018, 04:51:25 PM »

Yep, but I'll have to pay postage, whereas before I was able to have things sent to the local store for free. Plus I like to try things on if possible. I'll have to save up and go to the big store occasionally.

Any buyer can have items sent to store for free. You don't have to have the M&S credit card. I always buy online and have it delivered free to my local store.

Ju Ju

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 05:35:21 PM »

That's the point! They have closed my local store!

Snoooze

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2018, 07:02:14 PM »

I thought you said there was another one in the next town?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]