Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femeston  (Read 1069 times)

Stephydavies

Femeston
« on: May 19, 2018, 05:27:28 PM »

Hi everyone
                   I've recently been diagnosed with early menopause and advised to take hrt to protect my bones and heart. So I've just finished my second month of femeston (15 white tablets then 15grey),flushes have stopped and I'm sleeping a little better although I'm very angry and very emotional. I've no interest in anything or anyone I'm having a horrible time just wondering if this will settle down?
                   Steph  :'(

Kathleen

Re: Femeston
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »

Hello Stephydavies and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to learn that you are dealing with an early menopause. Unfortunately I am not an expert but there are many knowledgeable ladies who can help you and I'm sure someone will be along soon. I think there is a site for those with POV called The Daisy Network so you may want to look at that.

Hopefully your question will be answered soon.

Wishing you well.

K.

Emerald2017

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:35 PM »

I am on Femoston 2/10 for 6 months now and diagnosed with early meno too.
Give some time, things will get better with time.
I have almost no side effects on Femoston and my mood it's ok the most of the time.
Hope it helps.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 07:46:06 PM »

Hi Stephydavies

:welcomemm:

If you are within about 3 days of stopping the first pack ie have started the new pack for a few days - then the angry and emotional feelings could well be due to what's known as progesterone withdrawal - like pmt just before a period. As the progesterone leaves the body there are physiological changes which cause adverse symptoms in many ( most?) women eg headaches, irritability, snappiness, tension etc - and once the progesterone has cleared and the worst of your period is over you should feel better :)

Mushyjam49

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

Hi Stephydavies.  I have been on Femoston 1/10 and 2/10 and also Evorel Conti patches.  First started off with Femoston 1/10 and must admit they took a while to even take the edge of anything to be honest!! I had a check up with the Dr and was still being woken up by the hot flushes and just general irritability this came with, so he increased the Femoston to 2/10.  Well by jove!!! within the first weeks I felt brand new, like a Barbie doll!!! I was energetic, I didn't feel the need to scream and cry for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and I slept!! like a babe in arms.  The joy didn't last as I have previous hypertension issues so after having a particularly high few months of BP readings the Dr said no more...... my god!!! It was like someone had removed my right arm.  Within days I was back to angry, tired, hot sweaty mess me!!! after a few good BP readings and having a few hellish months the Dr Put me back on HRT but the conti patches.  Again great, felt like I could accomplish anything but again it was short lived due to the adhesive on the patches not liking my derriere one jot!!!.  So I am back on Femoston 1/10.  Nearly at the end of my first week and I am still having flushes and they are still waking me up, but... I don't feel as irritable, I don't know if it's because I know when they are coming, the hot flushes I mean, so I can practice my breathing rather than becoming an anxious screaming crying banshee that I was originally.  I have to visit my Dr again in three weeks time after my first month to see how I am doing.  I am praying, oh lord I am praying that they will alleviate the symptoms, and I will carry on with the Femoston 1/10 so hang in there!!!